The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Having just come off a call to my cousin in Wakefield for a general catch up I asked for conversational purposes what she was having for her tea, The response was 'babbies yed wit' helmet on, crispy bits and pea wet'  Has anyone ever had the pleasure???

I went on holiday to Benidorm as a 15 year old. Whilst there I met a woman from Wakefield, she was a worldly sort and had a good five years on me. One night she cornered me in the hotel lift and muttered “babbies yed wit’ helmet on, crispy bits and pea wet”. It struck fear into my heart and I ran from that lift, not looking back. 

• Haha 3

And Babbies Yed is also a WIgan thing, I'm smelling some severe geographically challenged slang here

Do they even eat Steak and Kidney pudding (specifically pudding) on the wrong side of the Pennines?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pea Wet is a WIgan / St Helen's thing, so I can only presume your cousin has the required extra fingers

Huyton born n bred, never checked the fingers as she always seems to be wearing gloves 

50 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Huyton born n bred, never checked the fingers as she always seems to be wearing gloves 

There's a way round that - count the number of gloves and multiply by 6.

• Haha 4

On 06/06/2020 at 04:26, useless said:

I never have gravy with my meals, I guess I don't like the taste, but it's more that I think other foods taste better without it.

get out GIF

• Like 2

Just now, AVFC_Hitz said:

'kin state of that fish! Did you drag it through a hedge on a short cut back from the chippy?

What happens is, when I turn the tray upside down over the plate, and then move the chips off the fish, some of the batter comes away with the chips. I raced back on m'treader but even so a little of the steam softens the batter a bit, leading to the easier departure of batter from fish.

Â