The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

On 31/05/2020 at 00:16, sidcow said:

There is nothing. NOTHING more disgusting on this earth as "quality" sausages.  Sausages should be ALL the shit, mixed to a virtual purée, with Zero herbs. As soon as they start putting coarse ground real meat and green stuff in the sausage has gone all to hell. 

A good cheap sausage is the ONLY sausage. Beyond that go get a fillet steak if you want quality meat. 

hundred percent agree. We eat potters sausages in our house, made in Willenhall and at 40% pork (a little on the high side granted) they are the consummate breakfast or sandwich sausage. Interestingly if baked Very little fat comes out of them, so compared to other sausages that are swimming in fat when cooked. Also you get to 10 sausages Per  pack and they are properly linked. In addition sausages shall always be baked

Edited by Follyfoot
Incorrect number of sausages quoted

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

hundred percent agree. We eat potters sausages in our house, made in Willenhall and at 40% pork (a little on the high side granted) they are the consummate breakfast or sandwich sausage. Interestingly if baked Very little fat comes out of them, so compared to other sausages that are swimming in fat when cooked. Also you get to 10 sausages Per  pack and they are properly linked. In addition sausages shall always be baked

If there’s no meat in them I wouldn’t expect much fat either 😀 40-45% is around the legal minimum requirement for being labelled a “pork sausage”, I believe.

Edited by fightoffyour

27 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If there’s no meat in them I wouldn’t expect much fat either 😀 40-45% is around the legal minimum requirement for being labelled a “pork sausage”, I believe.

It’s 42% but the “meat” can be 50% fat or connective tissue 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s 42% but the “meat” can be 50% fat or connective tissue 

You are correct, I’ve just checked and the content is 44% on a potters sausage, Well above the legal requirement which puts them  in the premium category I believe. They’re also nice on a hot dog with a couple of singles melted on them, singles are very much like sausages I believe as they have to have a certain level of cheese content to be called cheese singles however the ones we have,  cream fields are only 49p for 10 and taste quite cheesy if that makes sense

Edited by Follyfoot
Cheese slices versus slices
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Having checked online I noticed there is quite a movement regarding the Potters sausage http://sausagefans.co.uk/sausage-directory/6046/potters-pork-products/

43 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I’m not risking clicking a link to a website called ‘sausage fans‘ 😮

monty williams GIF

I’ve taken the plunge (wait for it...) and it’s already paid off. The comments:

Hi do you deliver if not what bus can I get to as I live in bournville me and my friends buy the sausage by the bag it makes lovely sausage casarole thank you Eileen.

This is from 2020. Someone asking strangers from another area which bus they should take to go and buy a sausage that contains practically no meat.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I’ve taken the plunge (wait for it...) and it’s already paid off. The comments:

This is from 2020. Someone asking strangers from another area which bus they should take to go and buy a sausage that contains practically no meat.

10 months ago-
I'm a really fussy eater and had to be convinced to try eating sausage. Now I'm going to stock my freezer with them so I'll always have something to eat . They are that good.

2 years ago-
OMG we buy these sausages from our local paper/booze shop in cheslyn hay, best ones we have ever had, even comparing to local butchers,
Thank you potters
(Ps, do u sell wholesale? Would like to stock up)

3 years ago-
I think these sausages are ten times better than Richmond crap I would have
These again all day long potters the kings of bangers

a year ago-
I buy the Potters sausages from my local shop and they are the best tasting sausages that I know in Leeds. They are very close in taste to Kenya’s Farmers choice sausages and that’s why I love them so. I had lost all hope of finding great tasting sausages until I tried Potters Sausages. Thank you

High praise indeed Megan

8 months ago-
simply delicious these guys only use the best belly strip to make their sausages. very tasty best around. POTTERS PENG SAUSAGE

All official reviews 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Isn’t Helen Skelton the ex Blue Peter presenter (who had a leaked video of her fantastic chest a year or so back)? 

Are you suggesting that Potters sausages have breast enhancing ingredients 

Edited by Follyfoot

38 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Tell you what, I’m convinced. I want a Potters sausage or three now. Does anyone know which bus I should take?

PM me your address mate and I will post some straight from the freezer that will be nicely defrosted and oven ready by the time they arrive 👍

MRS J SMITH

What is the pork content in the Potters sausages with the blue label?
Why is this not stated on the label?
Many thanks

MR FOLLYFOOT

2 JUNE, 2020 AT 12:54 PM

•  

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I believe the pork content is a healthy 44%

• Haha 1

There are clearly some members on here that no nothing about sausage, I've had plenty over the years, different sizes, even tried a different colour in the past, I'd say, the bigger the better, they need to be heavy, heavy is good, heavy is reliable.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

There are clearly some members on here that no nothing about sausage, I've had plenty over the years, different sizes, even tried a different colour in the past, I'd say, the bigger the better, they need to be heavy, heavy is good, heavy is reliable.

Kenneth Williams approves this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â