The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

I’d forgotten about another amazing sandwich I used to have. 

I worked as a grill chef in a boozer for a while and when we used to cook off the chickens, I’d make a cheese and chip butty, with an extra slice of bread in the middle, which I’d soaked in chicken fat when they came out of the oven.  Amazing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I’d forgotten about another amazing sandwich I used to have. 

I worked as a grill chef in a boozer for a while and when we used to cook off the chickens, I’d make a cheese and chip butty, with an extra slice of bread in the middle, which I’d soaked in chicken fat when they came out of the oven.  Amazing. 

The moist maker?

• Like 4

There is no way you can buy crab or miso butter in Bridgend.

I’m also doubtful about Khalua. 

But it’s the ‘sitting in the sun’ in Bridgend that gave away that this must be a bot account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ooh, just remembered a good one - the chip and bean butty. Fat greasy chips and baked beans in a white bap. Never tried making one at home, but I used to work at a place where a a hot food van came round every morning. I was sceptical at first, but once I tried one, it was awesome, and became my hot snack of choice. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ooh, just remembered a good one - the chip and bean butty. Fat greasy chips and baked beans in a white bap. Never tried making one at home, but I used to work at a place where a a hot food van came round every morning. I was sceptical at first, but once I tried one, it was awesome, and became my hot snack of choice. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When eating bread does everyone eat from the bottom square crust up towards the nicer curved crust?  I sure hope so, I once met a freak that did it the other way round.

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

When eating bread does everyone eat from the bottom square crust up towards the nicer curved crust?  I sure hope so, I once met a freak that did it the other way round.

Nope. The opposite. 

If the bread wasn't cut in half I'd 100% start from the curved side. That's the top of the bread. You eat top down.

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t get the ice rink thread, what’s the meaning of the title? 

It started out by someone pointing out that within the ice rink design there was a hidden face. Now it’s an epic collection of faces in random stuff. 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2020 at 13:35, OutByEaster? said:

Cheesy Wotsits are great in a sandwich.

Perfect. My wife gives me so much grief for putting crisps in my sandwich. Wotsits are in my top 3 crisp to put in a sandwich.

My son copies me now (he's 4) and he says it improves his sandwiches. 

My top 3 crisps to put in a sandwich:

1. Cheese Doritos

2. Wotsits

3. Prawn Cocktail 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Perfect. My wife gives me so much grief for putting crisps in my sandwich. Wotsits are in my top 3 crisp to put in a sandwich.

My son copies me now (he's 4) and he says it improves his sandwiches. 

My top 3 crisps to put in a sandwich:

1. Cheese Doritos

2. Wotsits

3. Prawn Cocktail 

CBA to go back and see who posted it, but somebody has already - quite correctly - pointed out that the authorised recipe for the crisp sandwich is white sliced bread, lots of butter and ready salted crisps. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 31/05/2020 at 01:50, mikeyp102 said:

However, I do deconstruct jelly babies, especially those in a haribo mix. I torture the little ****. Pull off the head and legs of three different ones, then reconstruct the different colours. So for example you have a yellow head on red body with purple legs

This has reminded me, gummy cola bottles; I bite the "lid" part off before eating the rest of it.

Also I do ethnically segregate my Skittles.  Greens get eaten first, then yellow, the orange, reds last and purples given to whoever wants them.  And there is always, always less red ones.  Like they know it's my favourite or something, the gits.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

This has reminded me, gummy cola bottles; I bite the "lid" part off before eating the rest of it.

Also I do ethnically segregate my Skittles.  Greens get eaten first, then yellow, the orange, reds last and purples given to whoever wants them.  And there is always, always less red ones.  Like they know it's my favourite or something, the gits.

I never eat Skittles. How about Smarties? I consider the only way is mixed handfuls. Although the orange ones could be segregated, as they are the only differently flavoured ones. 

• Like 1

Deffo on the same page there. Happily scoff Smarties together with the exception of the oranges as then that's all you taste.  Too overpowering. Orange flavoured chocs in general, they taint everything else. Take a tin of Quality Street,  most of every other choc will have a hint of orange to it because of the bloody things.

Â