The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This deconstructing chocolate/biscuit bars - just, no. Every bite has to contain some of each element, or what's the point? And before someone invokes 'worst first, best last', it doesn't apply here. All parts are good, and the bar is built that way for a reason. 

This. 

It's like eating a tea bag, drinking some water and washing it all down with a splash of milk.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For years my Friday morning cafe sandwich was bacon with then paying the 40p or whatever it was for add bacon 

Sausage can't lace bacons boots, especially seeing as most cafes use horrible cheap sausages

If you go top quality butchers product then sausage starts to close the gap but ass end of the market sausages can get in the sea and if you go top quality butchers product then black pudding overtakes a sausage 

There is nothing. NOTHING more disgusting on this earth as "quality" sausages.  Sausages should be ALL the shit, mixed to a virtual purée, with Zero herbs. As soon as they start putting coarse ground real meat and green stuff in the sausage has gone all to hell. 

A good cheap sausage is the ONLY sausage. Beyond that go get a fillet steak if you want quality meat. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I much prefer bacon to sausage if having a sandwich. But if I do have sausage it’s gotta be turkey sausages with caramelised onion, sriracha sauce on some nice multi seed bread. Pork sausage on white bread with ketchup is beneath me nowadays. 

ice cube cops GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This deconstructing chocolate/biscuit bars - just, no. Every bite has to contain some of each element, or what's the point? And before someone invokes 'worst first, best last', it doesn't apply here. All parts are good, and the bar is built that way for a reason. 

You have saved me. I used to eat the top of Twix then eat the biscuit which on the face of it makes me appear a hypocrite under my rule of eating the best last but you are correct ALL parts are good so my rule stands. 

Obviously I don't eat them like that anymore because I am an adult. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

On crisps, I like the Smiths ones with the salt sachet inside. 

I eat most of the crisps, then put all the salt on the last 5/6 in the bag. 

if I’m feeling really decadent, I eat 2 packs with no salt, then put all 3 sachets in the 3rd bag. 

I used to put the salt packet and then also....... I'm trying not to set myself up for a Kenneth here...... Shake real vinegar into the bag too, because ready salted crisps are shit and pointless. 

• Like 1

I've had a bit of a rough evening and this thread, as I fully expected, has cheered me up no end.  Thank you VT. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

No it isn't.

No it isn't. It's not a very good analogy.

But it's still eating the ingredients of something separately when they're specifically there to eat together. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I already complained about carbs on carbs but I can make an exception for stuff in bread with butter (a sandwich you say?!) Get a pie, like a chip shop or footy pie, stick it in a sandwich, let that gravy and filling combine with the butter. Phwoar! I think it’s known as a Wigan Kebab up there.

They do something kinda similar here in the Caribbean. You can get these “patties” which are essentially a fried pasty filled with ground beef and spices (they’re are delish) but they will sometimes have them sandwiches in coco bread. So it’s not just the British that are outrageous carb fiends. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bickster said:

I have no exprience of Polish sausages

But Briitish defiitely beter than German

I may add though that French are better than British but not as a breakfast item

I liked this post prematurely as I didn’t read the last sentence.

The British are in many ways food criminals, but in my opinion we do the best meat in Europe and our sausages are far superior to any others. 

German sausages are not good. It’s unbelievable they have a reputation for sausages. In my experience they’re all highly processed and I hate that kind of “pop” you get when you bite into them. Granted that I’m sure there are many good German butchers and farmers serving up good sausages, but I’ve certainly never come across anything decent in my time there.

As to Polish sausages, can’t say I’ve had them either. I’ve had sausages in Bulgaria and the Czech Republic and they’re much like German sausages.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I deconstruct parts of it.  So I have some bites of each individual element and some bites of everything.

The only chocolate bars I would deconstruct would be either Bounty or Milky Way. Eat the chocolate off the outside and then have the middle. For me it only works if there is only the one thing in the middle.

However, I do deconstruct jelly babies, especially those in a haribo mix. I torture the little ****. Pull off the head and legs of three different ones, then reconstruct the different colours. So for example you have a yellow head on red body with purple legs 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No it isn't. It's not a very good analogy.

But it's still eating the ingredients of something separately when they're specifically there to eat together. 

Yes and no.

Yes, they're specificially there to eat. Don't see any stipulation they have to be eaten together (e.g. as one).

Â