The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

27 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Best I've ever had was a pork and stilton sausage from Alan Bennett's in Codsall, outstanding, you can hardly get in the place for awards and trophies they've won for their sausage, well worth the drive to pick up. Highly recommended. 

For sausage my wife swears by Boxleys in Wombourne. She always comes away satisfied. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

giphy.gif

Ah ffs , I wanted to do this one , and knew the minute I saw a post notification as a flaffed about that someone had beaten me to it 

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

I have no exprience of Polish sausages

But Briitish defiitely beter than German

I may add though that French are better than British but not as a breakfast item

Best I ever tasted were lamb sausages, in Brittany. Shouldn't work, but it did. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The fish finger sandwich is underrated too.  I've even been known to stick a fishcake in a sandwich.

Oh hang on though  , a veggie equiv of the gag :) 

A1C4740A-2E70-491F-87C6-041241A4BCA6.jpeg

• Haha 2

This deconstructing chocolate/biscuit bars - just, no. Every bite has to contain some of each element, or what's the point? And before someone invokes 'worst first, best last', it doesn't apply here. All parts are good, and the bar is built that way for a reason. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The fish finger sandwich is underrated too.  I've even been known to stick a fishcake in a sandwich.

Toasted fish finger sandwich with cheese and ketchup is great. First time I went to the chippy up here in Yorkshire, my missus asked for two fish cakes in a bread cake. After clarifying what the **** that was, and considering leaving her, I bought one and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Polish > British > German sausages. Come at me.

cat attack GIF

The polish version doesn’t go well with eggs and bacon 

Pains me to say it but @bickster is right , I’ve had some cracking French sausage , they may not get much right in the world but they can make a decent sausage 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This deconstructing chocolate/biscuit bars - just, no. Every bite has to contain some of each element, or what's the point? And before someone invokes 'worst first, best last', it doesn't apply here. All parts are good, and the bar is built that way for a reason. 

ce896d104a71b2dcaade3b133325ccf7.gif

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

you may have just redeemed yourself for hot milk on weetabix with this post  :)

Has to be the whole package in one bite , anyone who tries to nibble around a twix and just leave the biscuit is going on the list . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Best I've ever had was a pork and stilton sausage from Alan Bennett's in Codsall, outstanding, you can hardly get in the place for awards and trophies they've won for their sausage, well worth the drive to pick up. Highly recommended. 

From Krakow?

p.s. I've now ran out of reaction abilities but this is all great content, top stuff.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

😄 yes they really good, live near there, their pork pie is THE best in the country

Joking aside. It is, but I guess we are off topic. My wifes area covers Wombourne and so when she is down that way buys a couple. 
My local butcher who has since closed did a chilli and chocolate sausage abomination. 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Walter Smiths award winning bangers, are banging as well. 

They do a few flavours, including a Stilton one and they are amazing 

It's given me a warm glow seeing this as a hot topic. 

I'm going to go about my day now and savour this for evening reading over a nice pint. 

If I could just change the topic to a related issue that I'm having trouble with for a minute......

Kitchen roll or napkins, I'm a kitchen roll guy and its bloody expensive I can tell ya, I'm a messy S.O.B when cookin and when it's something that's a messy eat I'm really struggling what experience advice do the gang have?

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Walter Smiths award winning bangers, are banging as well. 

I always wondered what he did after he left Rangers. 

• Like 2

Â