The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Mars Bar or Twix - have to eat around the edges first, followed by chomping on the bottom bit (insert kenneth gif) and then finally eat the best bit at the top. Lovely.

Batternberg cake - have to eat the marzipan first, then separate the squares into their colours of yellow and pink. Yellow to be eaten first and then pink last. Couldn't eat it any other way!

Totally normal right?

I already complained about carbs on carbs but I can make an exception for stuff in bread with butter (a sandwich you say?!) Get a pie, like a chip shop or footy pie, stick it in a sandwich, let that gravy and filling combine with the butter. Phwoar! I think it’s known as a Wigan Kebab up there.

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I already complained about carbs on carbs but I can make an exception for stuff in bread with butter (a sandwich you say?!) Get a pie, like a chip shop or footy pie, stick it in a sandwich, let that gravy and filling combine with the butter. Phwoar! I think it’s known as a Wigan Kebab up there.

You forgot the cheese. 

Doorstep thick white bread, butter, thickly sliced mature cheddar on top and bottom slice, steak and kidney pie in between. The cheese melts around the pie and when you give it a little squeeze, the pie filling starts to ooze into the melted cheddar. 

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Bacon on pancakes with fried eggs and syrup is king.

I know it’s obviously not the best quality, but when doing an all dayer. You have to start in a weatherspoons. They now do this as the “American breakfast” perfect to prepare yourself for an all day drinking as the pancakes aids to fill you up and soak up the beer 

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Carbs on carbs? Bring it on. Tinned spaghetti on toast. Chip butties. Mmmmm. 

Yes to be honest I think I might have to retract that. I think I just took exception to the aforementioned 5 carbs on a plate form the veggie cafe. Chip butties obviously great, does beans on toast count? Just had that with oscypek cheese, making possibly the most Polish-English breakfast ever devised.

Now onto the beans. Reducing them to practically being able to hold the pan upside down is a revelation. I’ve been heating up beans wrong, in the microwave, for my whole life it seems!

36 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

You forgot the cheese. 

Doorstep thick white bread, butter, thickly sliced mature cheddar on top and bottom slice, steak and kidney pie in between. The cheese melts around the pie and when you give it a little squeeze, the pie filling starts to ooze into the melted cheddar. 

tenor.gif

oh my god

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I much prefer bacon to sausage if having a sandwich. But if I do have sausage it’s gotta be turkey sausages with caramelised onion, sriracha sauce on some nice multi seed bread. Pork sausage on white bread with ketchup is beneath me nowadays. 

I can't stand seeded bread, especially if there's a meat item involved. I remember having a sausage butty at my mum's and through every bite it made it seem like I was biting gristle. Never touched seeded again. 

• Like 1

Bacon vs sausage, the age old debate.

All comes down to the cooking, if you’re serving up anaemic looking floppy pink bacon with the fat barely rendered than you’re gonna prefer a sausage over that.

But there’s no way sausage beats properly cooked bacon, with the fat crispy and rendered and a dark hue all round, in fact the missus is downstairs now preparing one for me on a bagel mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha I just remembered. as a teenager, I used to eat black pudding uncooked

So just raw pigs blood then? 

Did you do it naked, whilst dancing and chanting with a gang of naked scousers under a full moon? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Polish > British > German sausages. Come at me.

I have no exprience of Polish sausages

But Briitish defiitely beter than German

I may add though that French are better than British but not as a breakfast item

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So just raw pigs blood then? 

Did you do it naked, whilst dancing and chanting with a gang of naked scousers under a full moon? 

Its not raw congealed pigs blood, it is cooked in preparation and can be eaten cold uncooked

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Polish > British > German sausages. Come at me.

Best I've ever had was a pork and stilton sausage from Alan Bennett's in Codsall, outstanding, you can hardly get in the place for awards and trophies they've won for their sausage, well worth the drive to pick up. Highly recommended. 

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Mars Bar or Twix - have to eat around the edges first, followed by chomping on the bottom bit (insert kenneth gif) and then finally eat the best bit at the top. Lovely.

Batternberg cake - have to eat the marzipan first, then separate the squares into their colours of yellow and pink. Yellow to be eaten first and then pink last. Couldn't eat it any other way!

Totally normal right?

Almost. But by leaving the top of the mars / twix till last, your eating the caramel which has already been handed, and would surely be a right mess by that stage. Biscuit last is definitely the right way for a twix.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogso said:

Almost. But by leaving the top of the mars / twix till last, your eating the caramel which has already been handed, and would surely be a right mess by that stage. Biscuit last is definitely the right way for a twix.

I agree about the mess but it's worth it for saving the best bit for the end.  If you eat the caramel first then every bit after that is a worse experience!

Â