The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

I have fallen out with friends due to me pointing bacon towards a naked flame and telling it, thats what you could have won. Apparently they like it crispy. I like it to be a ham consistency. 

• Like 2

Just to throw another hand grenade/ostracise myself yet further, bacon is shite.  Overrated, greasy shite.  Now speck - the Italian variety - however, fried for mere seconds in a pan (or just as is) is the king-ding-a-ling of sliced meat.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I think as a result of your own (let’s call it “militant and violently aggressive”) approach to food opinions, 

6fe.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Just to throw another hand grenade/ostracise myself yet further, bacon is shite.  

To be fair I will ALWAYS go for sausage over bacon. 

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Discovered a cracking combo recently, sausages on crumpets.

Absolutely banging.

I do bacon with crumpets. Works just as well. Obviously the crumpets have to be heavily buttered.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Kenneth NEVER let's you down. 

He is one of the great mainstays of VT. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why would you want your last experience of that pizza to be some dried up scraggy edge piece with hardly any cheese or sauce when your last mouthful could be lovely cheesy tomatoee middle bit.  Frankly I find eating the crust last to be plain weird. 

I get this and I could consider saving the very last bite of last slice as middle rather than crust

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

This rather embarrassing but I've always fold pizza in half and eat it like a sandwich 

This is the correct technique. Knife and fork shouldn't be anywhere near pizza. If it's Neapolitan, fold the slice by the crust in the middle.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

He is one of the great mainstays of VT. 

I often wonder if the kidz on here wonder who the hell he is and why people keep posting his picture on here. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I often wonder if the kidz on here wonder who the hell he is and why people keep posting his picture on here. 

They don’t know the hell Pet Sounds is. I am still trying to get over that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They don’t know the hell Pet Sounds is. I am still trying to get over that. 

If you are referring to The Beach Boys album I am 50 and have a passing interest in 50s and 60s music and had to Google that. 

Â