The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But Richmond are a bit shit in the quality department... 

I'm a bacon man personally can happily do without a bit of sausage (insert KW) especially the cheap as **** shit that cafes usually chuck out, Richmond are slightly above that

Bacon I can take off the butchers floor and be perfectly fine with it but not sausages 

image.jpeg.7123cf2e453e258227e498525e4d54c7.jpeg

• Like 1

My favourite description of them comes from the fry up police 

"tubes of woe" 

The only ingredient you can get worse on a breakfast is cheap black pudding, the kind that has sawdust as the main component 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Honest they're shit! 

So many decent sausages available in supermarkets I don't know how Richmond are so popular 

you are insane brad pitt GIF

• Like 1

You don't even have to go finest, the best, or whatever sainsburys call their premium range just go midrange and they're a million miles better than Richmond or walls or any of that rubbish 

Or even try a brand like black farmer or heck

I see Richmond and even worse frozen... 

donald trump rnc GIF by Election 2016

• Like 3

Richmond are so bad that I don’t really even class them as sausages. I mean, they’re kind of tasty but then I like literally all food, but to me  Richmond is just sausage shaped mystery (probably not) meat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Richmond are so bad that I don’t really even class them as sausages. I mean, they’re kind of tasty but then I like literally all food, but to me  Richmond is just sausage shaped mystery (probably not) meat.

So EXACTLY how sausages should be then. 

There is NOTHING more odious than "quality" sausages.   If you want some decent meat go buy a steak.  Sausages should be shit.  The quality of the sausage improves in direct proportion to it's shitness and probably sawdust content. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So EXACTLY how sausages should be then. 

There is NOTHING more odious than "quality" sausages.   If you want some decent meat go buy a steak.  Sausages should be shit.  The quality of the sausage improves in direct proportion to it's shitness and probably sawdust content. 

Fair enough! So what I eat you must describe as sausage shaped steaks?

I do agree with you to a point, that when you exceed a certain meat % that it’s just too meaty to taste like you want a sausage to taste. But I think you can do better than the sausages that hover around the minimum 42% (off the top of my head) meat that is required to be classified as a sausage.

Edited by fightoffyour

Finding people's opinions on sausages more controversial then their opinions on fish and gravy. Some of you should be very, very ashamed. 

I'm now sat here wondering how all you prefer your bacon... Thin, thick, smoked,  streaky, made from plastic?

Edited by Rds1983

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Finding people's opinions on sausages more controversial then their opinions on fish and gravy. Some of you should be very, very ashamed. 

I'm now sat here wondering how all you prefer your bacon... Thin, thick, smoked,  streaky, made from plastic?

Apparently my view on bacon is wrong according to family and friends. Take the bacon, show it a flame that is a hundred yards away and then consider it done. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Apparently my view on bacon is wrong according to family and friends. Take the bacon, show it a flame that is a hundred yards away and then consider it done. 

If you'd said steak, you'd have been spot on, but bacon is meant to be crispy (but not burnt). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

If you'd said steak, you'd have been spot on, but bacon is meant to be crispy (but not burnt). 

You will be suggesting it should be covered in gravy next. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Turkey

Crispy (streaky) bacon only just about works in the American style with maple syrup pancakes (and this is going to start a separate debate I feel). As part of a cooked breakfast or on a sandwich absolutely not, unsmoked back and medium rare.

Â