The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, mixed doner, zero salad, hot chilli and ketchup, bosh.

My go to kebab vendor also sells deep fried hash browns, which I cannot resist ordering.

Aren’t all hash browns deep fried? Even if you buy frozen they must’ve been deep fried first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, mixed doner, zero salad, hot chilli and ketchup, bosh.

My go to kebab vendor also sells deep fried hash browns, which I cannot resist ordering.

I'll ignore the ketchup comment thanks to the game changing hash browns 

More places should do that 

• Like 2

On 28/04/2021 at 16:31, Wainy316 said:

Curry sauce for chips and lashings of chilli for kebab meat.

Think I've said this before but I used to have a regular in my chip shop who had all 3 meats, all the sauces, all the salad then curry sauce over the top of the salad 

Wasnt the weirdest but he definitley top 5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

and why is it served in a shoe box?

Fish served in a box is a good thing if you're taking it home, it prevents the batter going a bit soggy. It's an option we always choose at the chippy we use. Never have the chips put in the box though because the portions are smaller for the same price and the box doesn't shut properly thus negating the whole point of the box in the first place.

2 Fish in a box, 2 portions of chips and 2 mild curry sauces is the standard order.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Last Friday there was a massive queue at m’favoured chippy. So I went to a different one. The gravy was thin, the fish not quite cooked right and it cost more - indeed the photo I took would have been too much to post without a spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

C0F7DBA9-31D3-456E-8EDE-FD2C0C1DFC0E.jpeg

The whole experience would have justified all the wierdos comments about gravy with fish and chips. Lesson learnt. But on the plus side….

I enjoyed today’s return to Whelan’s fine food all the more.

55AA345E-51B7-4908-8FC1-D1A652A88FB6.jpeg

4th of June hopefully 

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fish served in a box is a good thing if you're taking it home, it prevents the batter going a bit soggy. It's an option we always choose at the chippy we use. Never have the chips put in the box though because the portions are smaller for the same price and the box doesn't shut properly thus negating the whole point of the box in the first place.

2 Fish in a box, 2 portions of chips and 2 mild curry sauces is the standard order.

What if you do not have anybody in your life for the other fish, Would he fill the box with chips by default as there is only one fish in it?

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

There used to be a fantastic country music venue near that chippy

The Station? (Pub) used to put bands on on a Friday night, too many were Country music types :P

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Aren’t all hash browns deep fried? Even if you buy frozen they must’ve been deep fried first.

You’re probably right, we use the oven ones at home so I was just trying to differentiate between the two, obvs the fried ones are both way tastier and war more unhealthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Think I've said this before but I used to have a regular in my chip shop who had all 3 meats, all the sauces, all the salad then curry sauce over the top of the salad 

Wasnt the weirdest but he definitley top 5

How You Doin Hello GIF by SVT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

What if you do not have anybody in your life for the other fish, Would he fill the box with chips by default as there is only one fish in it?

ask for one fish in a box but wrap the chips

Â