The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Guinness is great for a session though, despite the myth that it’s as heavy as a meal, the low carbonation makes it much drinkable than a fizzy lager.

...and if they have the extra cold tap you taste it even less!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Guinness is still the best beer you can get in a lot of places, which says more about the quality of those places than the drink itself. I’m happy that it’s a better stock option than any commercial lager though.

Yep this is true. in a Nitrous-only establishment. Guinness is often the only drink palatable

I'll usually walk passed a nitrous only establisment unless I have no choice (or may mates are insistent)

• Like 2

On 06/03/2021 at 23:54, NurembergVillan said:

Just shit, ennit, Guinness? Have a coffee or have a pint. Don't **** about trying to make some sort of one-size-fits-all flavour ****.

People who love it are people who wear t-shirts proclaiming they love it, and ain't nobody got time for those words removed.

I was hammered on Saturday night and completely forgot that I wrote this.

I still agree with every word of it, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/03/2021 at 23:54, NurembergVillan said:

Just shit, ennit, Guinness?

People who love it are people who wear t-shirts proclaiming they love it, and ain't nobody got time for those words removed.

U wot m9?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Anyone having anything nice for tea today?

Homemade lamb rogan josh, mushroom pilau rice and a naan! 

followed by butterscotch Angel Delight inspired pudding (made by my 10yr old daughter!) 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2021 at 15:34, villa4europe said:

saw this on facebook - 

May be an image of french fries

id be all over that, restaurant somewhere in Manchester

putting food in hollowed out crusty bread is underrated, would quite happily fill that with chilli or spag bol mince too

When I was at school I would normally spend half my dinner money by going halves with someone on 10 Benson and Hedges which left me with enough dinner money to buy a packet of crisps and a hot freshly baked bread roll which would be hollowed out with your finger and stuffed full of the crisps. 

What a time to be alive. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 23/03/2021 at 15:34, villa4europe said:

saw this on facebook - 

May be an image of french fries

id be all over that, restaurant somewhere in Manchester

putting food in hollowed out crusty bread is underrated, would quite happily fill that with chilli or spag bol mince too

Reminds me of this magnificent beast. Bunny Chow, a dish that originated amonst the Indian community in South Africa. Essentially Hollowed out bread filled with a chicken curry that was taken to work to be eaten so much the same origins as a Cornish Pasty

bunny-chow.jpg

Available in any branch of Mowgli Street Food but unlike their other dishes should not be treated as something to be eaten tiffin style as the dish is plenty enough on its own.

• Like 3

Â