The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

19 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Wigan kebab = pie sandwich 

I want to give it a try to be fair, buttered bap from the chippy* steak and kidney pie on it, maybe some gravy poured over** it can't be bad can it? 

I once battered a pie when I worked at a chippy, I dropped one in the batter bucket by mistake and the boss just looked at me shrugged his shoulders and said we might as well cook it, was OK but can see why it's not a thing 

* the bread rolls are one of the things I judge a chippy on, if they use sesame seed burger rolls for chips baps then it's a no from me, can't be trusted 

** chip bap with gravy on it is my go to chippy option, usually with a tray of kebab meat on the side

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I want to give it a try to be fair, buttered bap from the chippy* steak and kidney pie on it, maybe some gravy poured over** it can't be bad can it? 

I once battered a pie when I worked at a chippy, I dropped one in the batter bucket by mistake and the boss just looked at me shrugged his shoulders and said we might as well cook it, was OK but can see why it's not a thing 

* the bread rolls are one of the things I judge a chippy on, if they use sesame seed burger rolls for chips baps then it's a no from me, can't be trusted 

** chip bap with gravy on it is my go to chippy option, usually with a tray of kebab meat on the side

Everything in a buttered roll is better. Pie, pizza, fish and gravy,... bring it on

• Like 2

https://www.cornwalllive.com/whats-on/food-drink/farmer-admits-pours-milk-over-5066167

0_LT_CL_030321milkpasty.jpg

He said: “We’ve been proud dairy farmers for generations, and we’ve been pouring the finest, freshest Cornish milk over our pasties for generations as well.

“As a child I can remember the milk being poured straight over our pasties as soon as it came out of the Aga. It helped cool it down so you could eat it quickly, stopping us kids getting burnt mouths, but also softened the contents all up nicely as well.

“Everyone could get back to work in the fields without having to wait around for their pasty to cool down, plus, it tastes great!”

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

I'm beginning to think you're all xenophobes and this thread is just a device to keep us non-UK VTers from ever wanting to come over.   On the other hand, if I did travel there you wouldn't have to put up with me for long because I'd surely die of starvation within a few weeks.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I'm beginning to think you're all xenophobes and this thread is just a device to keep us non-UK VTers from ever wanting to come over.   On the other hand, if I did travel there you wouldn't have to put up with me for long because I'd surely die of starvation within a few weeks.

A proper Cornish Pasty......... Without milk, is probably the most perfectly beautiful foodstuff ever made by mankind. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That milky pasty is crying out for a pickled onion.

I am aware that that LOL is a common overused, well basically lie frequently used on Social Media, but I genuinely laughed out loud at that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

So if its a devon pasty do you put the milk first followed by pasty and if its cornish pasty and then milk?

Disgusting behaviour.

On the whole jam or cream first on a scone, I just do not understand the cream first brigade.  You would just end up with a heap of jam sliding all over the place. 

Jam first you get an even spread all over the scone and the cream can sit nicely on top of it. 

It's a nonsense argument. 

9 hours ago, bickster said:

You know Blandy used to live in Cornwall. It's all beginning to make sense now....

We’ll, as it happens that farmer is on the way to getting it right. Butter is the thing though, not milk.

• Haha 2

Â