The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Not sure if you are missing out the profiteroles with minced turnip intentionally or not?

I just presumed they were a given, what else would you be stuffing the roadkill badger with?

(Kenneth)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I don’t think VT would like my wife. Look what she had from the chippy tonight.

32382CB7-07F7-41C1-9B7A-53F47D284551.png.2cfecb6404999393872370ce09b61bfc.png

Obviously the mayo had to be out on a separate tiny plate, it would be weird otherwise. 

6f32ad8d0348c47ad2021019ba39cdf3.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Local radio personality in these parts but that's absolutely no excuse for this inappropriate use of gravy

A monster munch sarnie with beef gravy, that is just depraved

Such a promising career in radio sadly brought to an end by a foolish ill judged tweet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Local radio personality in these parts but that's absolutely no excuse for this inappropriate use of gravy

I’m all for a crisp sandwich, but both of those options are a disgrace. They’re not even proper crisps, let alone the gravy :puke:

• Like 1

On 09/01/2021 at 19:34, sidcow said:

Soooooooo. 

Ketchup/Curry Sauce. 

Smothered all over everything or left daintily at the side of your plate for dipping like a big girl? 

I can see the merits of smothering to an extent, but for me dipping has to be the way to go.

If we assume that all meals naturally come with bread and butter as God intended, then dipping is the only way to ensure that you can get the right amount of source on your chip butty as you go - if you put sauce on the bread, the butter won't melt pleasingly onto your hand.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

That's m'dinner suggestion sorted. Ta.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, blandy said:

It’s come to my attention that a number of posters have raised objections to my pictures of my dinners in this thread . I’m pleased to report that I have taken the criticism on board, as you will see.

BAAEDE9A-6565-4D19-851E-3DFE321B97E8.jpeg

There. No pickled onions and carefully arranged fish, with batter intact.

Excellent, can’t beat fish and gravy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, blandy said:

It’s come to my attention that a number of posters have raised objections to my pictures of my dinners in this thread . I’m pleased to report that I have taken the criticism on board, as you will see.

BAAEDE9A-6565-4D19-851E-3DFE321B97E8.jpeg

There. No pickled onions and carefully arranged fish, with batter intact.

Initially I thought you’d nailed it there. I even thought to myself I could eat that right now. However, it seems that the gravy/fish divide has been breached, thus infecting the sumptuous, crisply battered fish with unwelcome beefy sogginess. 

week wife GIF

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Initially I thought you’d nailed it there. I even thought to myself I could eat that right now. However, it seems that the gravy/fish divide has been breached, thus infecting the sumptuous, crisply battered fish with unwelcome beefy sogginess. 

week wife GIF

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. And, Lo! indeed it was good and most nourishing and delish.

• Haha 1

Â