The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Just now, bickster said:

I wouldn't shocked if you confessed to rolling in gravy

(whatever you do behind closed doors is fine btw)

It's only an offence at a granular level.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

I had some fish and chips earlier.

Had mushy peas with it. Felt sad. Mind you it was cheaper. Why do they do that? Large Haddock, chips and peas £7.45, but Large Haddock, chips and Gravy £8.35. Next time I'll make sure I've got the funds for a proper feed.

I stopped reading at mushy peas before I got any angrier 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Had mushy peas with it. Felt sad. Mind you it was cheaper. Why do they do that? Large Haddock, chips and peas £7.45, but Large Haddock, chips and Gravy £8.35. Next time I'll make sure I've got the funds for a proper feed.

That have to apply FPT. 

Food Perversion Tax. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Just got back. They said haddock, chips and gravy is £7.35 if you promise not to put the gravy on the fish, otherwise you have to pay £1.00 FPT per fish. They knew you couldn’t be trusted though.

On 31/10/2020 at 17:46, blandy said:

I'm happy to report that I got the same deal, but for gravy, this week.

20201106_134029.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

20201106_134029.jpg

I could just eat that - looks bloody lovely to me.

Kept a respectable amount of distance between gravy and fish too so all you naysayers can **** off 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I could just eat that - looks bloody lovely to me.

It was. I was struck during its consumption,  that in these times of Covi, Murcan electioneering, Brexit, war and strife that pure beauty can exist in an imperfect, cruel world.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

20201106_134029.jpg

Least the fish looks fish-like today. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Least the fish looks fish-like today. 

I've been using m'tredder to speed home from the chippy, rather than what I used to do, which was walk back. Preserves the batter. #Gravylife

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Following on from the gravy and chips debate. We've just finished off a lovely roast beef and all the trimmings with a couple of slices of bread and gravy. 

Is this equally frowned upon or is it an acceptable use of gravy? 

• Like 1

It was always talked about at work by the older guys on site

Gravy and bread I can accept, chicken dinner for example keeping some meat, stuffing and gravy to make a warm sandwich with later on the night that's obvious

Bread and the meat drippings though...thats a no from me 

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Following on from the gravy and chips debate. We've just finished off a lovely roast beef and all the trimmings with a couple of slices of bread and gravy. 

Is this equally frowned upon or is it an acceptable use of gravy? 

Seems perfectly normal to me, gravy as it was always intended. It was not a Gravy and CHips debate, this is also perfectly normal. The perverts are the ones who have gravy with... fish, gravy and friggin fish, the sick bastards

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Seems perfectly normal to me, gravy as it was always intended. It was not a Gravy and CHips debate, this is also perfectly normal. The perverts are the ones who have gravy with... fish, gravy and friggin fish, the sick bastards

Should have made it clear, when I said "all the trimmings" that included a side of anchovies. 

The wife and all her family think bread and gravy is an abomination. 

Edited by Rds1983

Â