The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, and I don’t really care. But, hot chocolate of any variety is absolutely vile. 

Yeah I don't like it, despite liking chocolate a lot. I just don't really like hot drinks that are sweet.

Hot chocolate smells amazing though!

Powdered hot chocolate is gubbins, for sure, but you get that nice Charbonnel brand (essentially dark chocolate flecks that can double as a dessert topping) then that's the real good shizzle.  I make an amazing alcoholic hot chocolate that I co-opted from a line in Archer that's got a shot of Crème de Cacao, a shot of Crème de Menthe and half-a-shot of Peppermint schnapps in it and it's absolutely delicious, great for the winter months.

500?cb=20180809230507

Also there's this tiny café in Bruges called Bittersweet that does these terrific chocolate drinks that are a glass of hot milk that you drop a chocolate, I want to say tulip-shaped thing into them which slowly sinks, melts and blends in with the milk.  They're bang on.

The Bittersweet Cafe, Bruges. not sure what the drink is - the chocolates  look good! - België

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife has been disappointing me a lot recently. Anti mask, mentioning some conspiracy theories, occasionally repeating Daily Mail type stories regarding immigrants. Wednesday we had chippy tea and she only went and bought gravy to go on her fish. Calling the solicitor later. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, and I don’t really care. But, hot chocolate of any variety is absolutely vile. 

d66a3e867580854200fa37f08e8addaa.gif

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Chocolate orange is a kind of Christmas / winter niche I think. I don’t mind a little bit of it but I’m not a huge fan.

After Christmas all we have is dozens of orange fondant chocolates left in the bottom of every tin. 

I had some fish and chips earlier.

Had mushy peas with it. Felt sad. Mind you it was cheaper. Why do they do that? Large Haddock, chips and peas £7.45, but Large Haddock, chips and Gravy £8.35. Next time I'll make sure I've got the funds for a proper feed.

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

I had some fish and chips earlier.

Had mushy peas with it. Felt sad. Mind you it was cheaper. Why do they do that? Large Haddock, chips and peas £7.45, but Large Haddock, chips and Gravy £8.35. Next time I'll make sure I've got the funds for a proper feed.

Same reason as ciggies being really expensive

• Haha 2

Â