The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

My missus does this and I agree with you, I mean curry sauce yes, chip shop gravy, not a chance.

I don’t know you and we’ve never met. Goodbye.

• Haha 1

Would you eat that in front of your mother?

Of course you wouldn’t.

No parent wants to think they invested all those years for their kid to go and partake in fish in gravy.

Fish. in. Gravy, Just look at those words put together.

Dirty dirty dirty boy.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Would you eat that in front of your mother?

Of course you wouldn’t.

No parent wants to think they invested all those years for their kid to go and partake in fish in gravy.

Fish. in. Gravy, Just look at those words put together.

Dirty dirty dirty boy.

The gravy goes on the chips.....mostly.

It’s superior surf n’turf (due to the improved moisture content provided by said gravy).

• Like 1

Appreciate this is moving on somewhat from the latest "We are all going to die " scare from China  …but I can't let all these gravy eating comments pass unanswered

In life there is a league table of wrongness and right down the bottom you have people with beards  , vegans and then the French .. well people that put gravy on food sit just above the French on goal difference  ... however , gravy on fried eggs that's a whole new level of wrong  , so much so that I'I've just had to start a whole new ranking system of wrongness to grade it by

anyhows ...carry on 

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

If you really want to compare weird shit, I saw a picture the other day where someone had put gravy on fish n chips. 

Filth.

Filth in a bad way.

I used to work in a chip shop so I've seen some weird combinations (curry sauce on a kebab is actually quite popular, that's poured over the salad)

probably the weirdest one I've seen is the Geordie who lived over the road once came in with a glass trifle bowl, asked me to break up 2 fish at the bottom, then a layer of chips, then peas, then cover the thing in gravy...so I of course tried it myself after, its actually quite good! that said I did go in to work one day and a forensics team were in his house cos he'd got pissed, killed his cats, locked his missus in the shed, doused it in petrol then fallen asleep whilst looking for matches, strange bloke

and the best combo is a grilled cheese burger with freshly cut chicken kebab meat on top, not enough chip shops do grilled cheeseburgers (takes too long and needs a vent) or offer cheese on kebab meat

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Dont take this the wrong way mate, but as you're a well known and highly regarded general pervert, you're not exactly helping Blandy's case here.

On 09/12/2016 at 13:35, blandy said:

IMG_3001.JPG

yum :)

No help needed.

Er, anyway, hope all this current viral nastiness gets contained. We don't want the nasty thing spreading, and other gravy lovers being laid low by germ like organisms.

On 27/01/2020 at 22:54, blandy said:

No. Stop with that. We can never be friends. It’s yum

Nowt wrong with fish, chips and gravy.  The Manx even went a step further and added grated cheese on to to the top of the gravy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I can live with them eating what we see as weird shit. Plenty of northerners eat some pretty grim things too.

Some of them have gravy with fish n chips :puke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, blandy said:

Hark at the southern softie and his condescending ways, knowing now't of proper trough. 😣

I knew it wouldn't take long ;)

54cf9ebf_7307d1344213295-fishing-fishing

As it happens i've enjoyed fish n chips in the north twice recently... the delightful Manc suburb of Moston and Whitby. The curry sauce smothered on my fish n chips was delightful :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Because that’s proper food. The british people have enjoyed fried fish, chips and curry sauce since the dawn of time.

It couldn’t be more british or more proper.

Gravy over aquatics is just dirty northern nonce sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:Because that’s proper food. The british people have enjoyed fried fish, chips and curry sauce since the dawn of time.

Gravy over aquatics is just dirty northern nonce sense.

word removed 😝

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â