The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

That’s what you get with Turkish kebabs over here, a wide variety of decent quality salad and some different home made humus like sauces disguising the fact that there’s next to no meat in there...which is shame because the lamb meat is really good (none of the elephants leg bollocks)

maybe it’s just because that’s what I grew up on but give me a pita bread stuffed with chicken tikka kebab meat from a Greek Cypriot chippie any day of the week

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Proper Gyros is the shit.

Meat, chips and sauce in a pitta cone, literally the greatest thing ever made.

I have to agree with this. Got addicted to gyros pittas in Corfu. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Never understand why gyros pita isn’t more widely available over here. Not just the meat, tzaziki etc but even the pita bread is different. 

I say it every time I come back from Greece, defo a gap in the market and can you imagine the trade you'd do (pre-virus at least) on a Saturday night in a town centre!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Favourite sauce ever?

Mines hoisin

Worcester sauce or HP sauce. Hoisin sauce is very good as well, although can taste a little bit too much like liquid sugar sometimes.

I also like that really thick, dark soy sauce for dipping spring rolls in. And that Vietnamese fish sauce (I think?) that you dip fried spring rolls in.

Actually is there such thing as a bad sauce?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Typical, shall we call it a kebab shandy? No sauce... what kind of southern wide-boy trick is that?

Shandy is a beer/ lager diluted , so that would make your kebab the shandy as you are diluting from all that tasty meat you could be eating :) 

ask yourself , Why would you fill yourself up on pointless empty calories of green stuff when you can eat nothing but delicious fat dripping meat 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

That shit might fly down in that south, but a kebab has to have some form of plant based material in it even if it is just chillis. Not talking an entire salad course but its like going to Subway and asking for just meat. 

No need to even bother with a menu in subway it’s

Bread , chicken , melted cheese , bacon , bread

subway heaven and no plant materials were harmed in the making of it 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Shandy is a beer/ lager diluted , so that would make your kebab the shandy as you are diluting from all that tasty meat you could be eating :) 

ask yourself , Why would you fill yourself up on pointless empty calories of green stuff when you can eat nothing but delicious fat dripping meat 

Green stuff? We're talking about sauce here, spicy stuff, as if I have lettuce on a kebab, tomato and onion yes, green stuff?... what planet are you on?

We're talking about an intrinsic part of the kebab experience not the window dressing

You sir are a shandy kebab eater

Just now, bickster said:

Green stuff? We're talking about sauce here, spicy stuff, as if I have lettuce on a kebab, tomato and onion yes, green stuff?... what planet are you on?

We're talking about an intrinsic part of the kebab experience not the window dressing

You sir are a shandy kebab eater

If it didn’t come from a cute doe eyed pig /cow /lamb , then it’s all green stuff to me :)

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Worcester sauce or HP sauce. Hoisin sauce is very good as well, although can taste a little bit too much like liquid sugar sometimes

That’s why it’s so good ;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

No need to even bother with a menu in subway it’s

Bread , chicken , melted cheese , bacon , bread

subway heaven and no plant materials were harmed in the making of it 

Almost exactly what I have!

Except swap the cheese for jalapeños.

Incidentally, I hate cheese, it bordered on a phobia for a time weirdly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Root Beer is proper nasty. It’s like drinking fizzy Covonia. 

Dr Pepper as well. 

fizzy benilyn 

• Like 3

Worcestershire Sauce is the dogs danglies. 

I also like the hot nandos peri sauce and the perinaise

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Almost exactly what I have!

Except swap the cheese for jalapeños.

Incidentally, I hate cheese, it bordered on a phobia for a time weirdly.

I never used to like it but I’ve acquired a taste for melted Brie on stuff or even in stuff like the cheese  Boerewors I’ve just BBQ’d 

Â