The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Cheese and Jam on crackers or a sandwich is decent, but it needs to be chilli jam or something a bit different. You can’t just go chucking bit of a standard Robinson’s strawberry on there, you animals. 

You can. Believe me

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Someone on Twitter, let’s not say who to preserve his anonymity, I’ll call him pchris56, posted a picture of some sort of mushy salady stir-fry type “meal” with actual celery, actual visible evil rhubarb pieces in it. He seemed proud of what he’d gone and done. I can’t wipe the horror from my mind’s eye.

Wait what? A stir fry salad with Rhubarb. What the fudging fudge has gone on here. 

• Haha 1

I used to live in Texas and at the state fair in Dallas they had all sorts of horrors going on. Fried beer, fried bubble gum, fried butter, etc. Made Scotland look like a good place for a vegan yoga retreat. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I used to live in Texas and at the state fair in Dallas they had all sorts of horrors going on. Fried beer, fried bubble gum, fried butter, etc. Made Scotland look like a good place for a vegan yoga retreat. 

Wouldn’t fried beer just be beer batter?

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Someone on Twitter, let’s not say who to preserve his anonymity, I’ll call him pchris56, posted a picture of some sort of mushy salady stir-fry type “meal” with actual celery, actual visible evil rhubarb pieces in it. He seemed proud of what he’d gone and done. I can’t wipe the horror from my mind’s eye.

You tease , come on give us a clue who it is 

36 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just bumping this topic back up as I've loved reading it and it's my favourite topic on VT..

Anyway, I love pickled onion vinegar on me chips, there!

Had the same thing yesterday, basically as we have ran out of vinegar. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just bumping this topic back up as I've loved reading it and it's my favourite topic on VT..

Anyway, I love pickled onion vinegar on me chips, there!

Never tried that, but it sounds like it might be good. Does the vinegar have an onion-y flavour? 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Never tried that, but it sounds like it might be good. Does the vinegar have an onion-y flavour? 

Yes, its different to your everyday malt vinegar, I prefer sweet baby pickled onions and so the touch of sweetness works amazing with fish too. marvelous.

Fish chips, chicken salt, sweet onion vinegar, wedge of lemon, tartare sauce and a huge rum punch 👌………. but this is PRE 7.00pm only.

After 7.00.... anything goes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes, its different to your everyday malt vinegar, I prefer sweet baby pickled onions and so the touch of sweetness works amazing with fish too. marvelous.

Fish chips, chicken salt, sweet onion vinegar, wedge of lemon, tartare sauce and a huge rum punch 👌………. but this is PRE 7.00pm only.

After 7.00.... anything goes.

Quite rightly no gravy on that list. 

• Like 1

I know @rjw63 will approve but I can't help chucking Encona hot sauce on my food. Chill? Splash it on! Lasagne? Yep! Cottage pie? Why not! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I know @rjw63 will approve but I can't help chucking Encona hot sauce on my food. Chill? Splash it on! Lasagne? Yep! Cottage pie? Why not! 

Salad kebab with a really hot sauce is amazing.

• Like 1

Â