The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

22 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

This seems to have caused quite a stir on Twitter.

Who the f*** has peas with a fry up? And is that some sort of reconstituted gammon? Is this a Little Chef by any chance?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Who the f*** has peas with a fry up? And is that some sort of reconstituted gammon? Is this a Little Chef by any chance?

My original thought was it looks half ham, egg and chips and half fry up...then I saw the 'ham'.

It can't be a full English anyway with Hash Brown's. 

Ignoring the other wrongness they would have to be replaced with fried or preferably eggy bread surely? 

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

This seems to have caused quite a stir on Twitter.

This is outrageous. That tea caddie clearly needs putting away properly. What are they, living in a cave?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It can't be a full English anyway with Hash Brown's. 

Ignoring the other wrongness they would have to be replaced with fried or preferably eggy bread surely? 

I like a hash brown with mine, the problem is I like the crunchy texture of them that you only get from them being slightly over done which takes around 25 to 30 mins in the oven which is normally too long for me to be bothered 

And the worst thing about it they've used cheap as **** sausages and gammon 

Edited by villa4europe

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I like a hash brown with mine, the problem is I like the crunchy texture of them that you only get from them being slightly over done which takes around 25 to 30 mins in the oven which is normally too long for me to be bothered 

And the worst thing about it they've used cheap as **** sausages and gammon 

To be fair, the hash browns are the only thing that looks edible on that plate. Sausages and gammon clearly cheap and nasty, eggs look somewhat aneamic, beans can **** off generally, toast looks pretty pale.

But peas?! Seriously???

2 hours ago, chappy said:

Last spotted leaning on a grassy bank, looking out over the English Channel 

image.jpeg.18fcb4816dfc8d694b87a2bed334fd49.jpeg

To be fair this looks more appetising that what was on that plate. Now to find a nice chianti...  
hannibal lecter 90s GIF
  • Haha 1

I've done stuff like that before, it does work, the idea is sound, the execution of that though is **** terrible and most worryingly looks like they're more interested in getting the photo than the decent food 

Hollowing out crusty bread for stuff like spag bol and chilli is bang on (then grill cheese over the top) 

two burnt mince beef pies

two portions of lumpy mash 

Covered in 'Liquor' which is basically ell just in parsley sauce with a splash of chilli vinegar 

The classic 'double double' 

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There’s a place over Shepherds Bush that does an absolutely banging pie mash n liquor, but it’s in more of a bowl than a plate, that looks too dry.

Is it a manzies and does it do eels ? 

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Is it a manzies and does it do eels ? 

I’m racking my brain cell to remember the name of the place. I might not ever have even known it.

I’d seen it a couple of times from the tube line in to White City and decided one day to go back and seek it out. Without sounding too vague, I knew what I wanted so I didn’t really look at the options. One pie, two icecream scoops of mash all swimming in a bowl of what is basically parsley sauce.

I’d wanted it since watching Quadrophenia as a kid. (Insert Kenneth)

Bloody lovely.

I might google up street view later and see if I can find it, beyond describing it as ‘on the left’ as you come in to White City / Shepherds Bush from town, about one street across from the tracks, mid terrace...

• Thanks 1

Â