The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

We recently experimented with chicken gravy

What on earth do you mean? Do you mean you started to use Chicken gravy with beef?

You make gravy from the fat of the roast you've just cooked surely?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

What on earth do you mean? Do you mean you started to use Chicken gravy with beef?

You make gravy from the fat of the roast you've just cooked surely?

7429-FBDB-5-C22-4-C21-9-C9-E-756883-C85-

Its a slightly different flavour, lighter brown colour. Only have it with chicken. Regular gravy with other meats.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just a bit of a sod to clean the man afterwards, but worth it

Ha yeah, you could lay bricks with the stuff if you let it go cold after heating. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d go with refried beans. 
Had them in Mexico and couldn’t believe it was an actual food. 

Tasted like what I imagine pouring an ashtray into a glass of water and mixing it into a paste would taste like

No, that's lapsang souchong tea you're describing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As moon man said glace cherries are shite

I didn't say that. I said they were gelatine and sugar. Much nicer than actual fruit. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

No, that's lapsang souchong tea you're describing. 

I tried that for the first time just before the lockdown, not a clue who brought it in to the office, twinings too, smelt **** terrible so I should have know better, tasted even worse 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I didn't say that. I said they were gelatine and sugar. Much nicer than actual fruit. 

Got news for you. Glace cherries are stoned maraschino cherries basically marinated in sugar syrup

Not just cherries either you can glace most fruit

59 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Old El Paso Refried beans are ace. Love ‘em. 

I once had these smeared onto a tortilla with some pasta sauce and ate it in the back of a Nissan Serena by the side of a road in Luxembourg and then suddenly witnessed a car crash. Weird evening. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Chips & gravy - fine. Can be really tasty, got to be think gravy though, can’t have any watery gravy’s nonsense. Any meat save for fish, I can probably deal with. Gravy with fish though? Come on! What is wrong with you people?!  

And for the record as well:- 

1. Mango chutney, whilst don’t really like it, should only be with poppadums only, at most a non-sauce based starter I can accept. I know it can be part of some curry’s but mixed into the sauce to physically make it is different to adding more sauce on top. Correct
  2. Apple sauce is wrong generally, but I give as a standard sauce. Stuffing and gravy for pork is the way forward. Incorrect
  3. Cranberry can go f*** itself. Shouldn’t be a thing. Incorrect
  4. Refried beans - horrible. Why does every f***ing Mexican food want to add beans to it? Correct
  5.  Cherries - absolute abomination! Ruin pretty much everything they are put in. Incorrect
  6.  Chocolate and sausage?! Sounds like a euphemism for DHUTWU. Correct
  7. But Vimto and milk? No one knows. Although tbh I don’t see how that’s much different to a strawberry milkshake as they’re both just syrups really. 

team america vomit GIF

Think I’ve seen a side of people that I don’t want to...

I have marked this above in bold. You didn’t do very well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Got news for you. Glace cherries are stoned maraschino cherries basically marinated in sugar syrup

Not just cherries either you can glace most fruit

Well yes, I did know that. But they've been so processed that they seem a long way from the original fruit. Which, for me, is good. 

On 02/12/2016 at 16:16, chrisp65 said:

2016 man, what a sick and twisted shit show of a year from start to finish.

If only you knew what was to come in the future! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Chips & gravy - fine. Can be really tasty, got to be think gravy though, can’t have any watery gravy’s nonsense. Any meat save for fish, I can probably deal with. Gravy with fish though? Come on! What is wrong with you people?!  

And for the record as well:- 

1. Mango chutney, whilst don’t really like it, should only be with poppadums only, at most a non-sauce based starter I can accept. I know it can be part of some curry’s but mixed into the sauce to physically make it is different to adding more sauce on top.
  2. Apple sauce is wrong generally, but I give as a standard sauce. Stuffing and gravy for pork is the way forward. 
  3. Cranberry can go f*** itself. Shouldn’t be a thing.
  4. Refried beans - horrible. Why does every f***ing Mexican food want to add beans to it?
  5.  Cherries - absolute abomination! Ruin pretty much everything they are put in.
  6.  Chocolate and sausage?! Sounds like a euphemism for DHUTWU.
  7. But Vimto and milk?

team america vomit GIF

Think I’ve seen a side of people that I don’t want to...

Agree with most of this but am more of a fan of mango chutney and slightly more accepting of apple sauce. Only with pork though and along with stuffing, not instead of. And some beans in Mexican food are great but I don't get the thing with refried beans. Blergh.

Â