The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Pork crackling, straight out of the oven, with apple sauce

Do you like it chewy or crisp? I suppose you can't really go wrong either way!

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Pork crackling, straight out of the oven, with apple sauce

I had some of this last Sunday, I say I’m not a fan but then proceeded to eat half a small plate of it. It’s the apple sauce that raises the appeal. 

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

people who put  apple sauce with crackling are actually worse than people who put gravy on fish and chips ... 

Any kind of fruit/fruit based sauce accompanying a cooked dinner. It's wrong in every way. Cranberry sauce. WRONG.

Unless it's fruity sauce on a bacon sandwich. Then that's ok. 

• Like 1

The great philosopher Socrates, one of the founding fathers of ethics and moral philosophy that underpin western society even today, once said this: “Man can survive on an inquisitive mind alone, but man cannot live without the sweet sauce of apples on his oven roast pig”.

He’s also quoted as saying: “Yo Plato, try some cranberry sauce on that turkey, it’s **** amazing!” 

Which is probably why it wasn’t in the Ten Commandments, there were are enough mistakes in there without adding more to it. 

• Haha 1

If you are going to put jam on your Turkey, it should be redcurrant not frickin cranberry. Cranberies are a modern American abomination, there's nothing good about them. Who wants to drink fruit juice that makes your mouth feel dry as soon as you've drank some.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The great philosopher Socrates, one of the founding fathers of ethics and moral philosophy that underpin western society even today, once said this: “Man can survive on an inquisitive mind alone, but man cannot live without the sweet sauce of apples on his oven roast pig”.

He’s also quoted as saying: “Yo Plato, try some cranberry sauce on that turkey, it’s **** amazing!” 

Which is probably why it wasn’t in the Ten Commandments, there were are enough mistakes in there without adding more to it. 

I’ll see your footballer player philosopher and raise you an imaginary deity 

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the Apple tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not mix with crackling for in the day that thou eatest thereof  thou shalt surely be labelled a heathen on the internet

— Genesis 2:16–17

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’ll see your footballer player philosopher and raise you an imaginary deity 

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the Apple tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not mix with crackling for in the day that thou eatest thereof  thou shalt surely be labelled a heathen on the internet

— Genesis 2:16–17

Well you nearly had me there! Everyone knows that Apple had only just invented the first computer then, the tree of knowledge model was years after. And as for the internet, that was invented by Da Vinci towards the end of the middle ages. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

The great philosopher Socrates...

That and Moses/Ten Commandments predating Socrates by anything from 800 to 1000 years (standard proviso about myth/fact). :)

• Haha 1

It’s a while since I’ve eaten it but I hated cranberry sauce on a roast dinner but it went very well on the leftover sandwich the following day

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

How do we feel about mango chutney on a curry

Hmmmm... a dollop at the side of the curry, but not literally on it. 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Apple sauce with pork is my god given right and if you take that from me you can prise the knife and fork from my cold dead hand. 

Currently creating 20 new VT accounts so I can give this post the Like count it deserves

• Like 1

Â