The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Doritos are in no way a sandwich crisp. Its a step up from putting a ryvita between 2 bits of bread. 

It's why a dorito crisp filled sandwich has to be 'scrunched' down. To break the dorito up inside. The flavours post scrunch are delicious. 

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I never eat Skittles. How about Smarties? I consider the only way is mixed handfuls. Although the orange ones could be segregated, as they are the only differently flavoured ones. 

I suck them both till they go white. And then chew. 

Wait for it.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

This has reminded me, gummy cola bottles; I bite the "lid" part off before eating the rest of it.

Also I do ethnically segregate my Skittles.  Greens get eaten first, then yellow, the orange, reds last and purples given to whoever wants them.  And there is always, always less red ones.  Like they know it's my favourite or something, the gits.

When I was a kind I was convinced that if you bit the lid off a cola bottle and sucked it you could drink the cola out of it and eventually end up with a completely clear bottle. 

Total bollocks of course. But I’d spend hours doing it and convincing myself that the level of cola in there was going down

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Too overpowering. Orange flavoured chocs in general

The orange / chocolate combo is horrendous, there should be laws against people combining the two perfectly good on their own tastes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The orange / chocolate combo is horrendous, there should be laws against people combining the two perfectly good on their own tastes

Its thanks to weirdos like you that I scoop all orange chocolate combos at Christmas. One mans rancid flavour combination is another mans weight gain. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My missus made the chocolate orange cake again last week, as it happens. Orange flavoured madeira cake with chocolate chunks in it, topped with chocolate orange icing. Bloody delicious. 

• Like 3

On 30/05/2020 at 08:46, wazzap24 said:

On crisps, I like the Smiths ones with the salt sachet inside. 

I eat most of the crisps, then put all the salt on the last 5/6 in the bag. 

if I’m feeling really decadent, I eat 2 packs with no salt, then put all 3 sachets in the 3rd bag. 

Please, please, please, let me, let me, let me, let me salt what I want

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope. The opposite. 

If the bread wasn't cut in half I'd 100% start from the curved side. That's the top of the bread. You eat top down.

I'll agree with you that it's top but not that you eat top down.

I guess it's a best til last situation for me.  The smoother curved crust is far nicer than the rough straight one.

The round half/square half of the bread controversy has been debated at some length in the Boring Thread. 

Edited by mjmooney

8 hours ago, bickster said:

I will happily eat orange Matchmakers but who the hell decided to mix chocolate with MINT is off their bloody rocker and it does my head in that it's become generally accepted that you get post meal mint chocolates in restaurants.  WTAF? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The round half/square half of the bread controversy has been debated at some length in the Boring Thread. 

Quite right too, that is the place for it. 

Edited by sidcow

Back to sweets when I was a kid I liked nothing better than eating an entire pack of Jelly Tots in one mouthful.  The fruity sugary hit was so intense.  Your mouth is so full you can barely close it and you couldn't really chew so it lasted about half an hour whilst the sugary blob dissolved. 

It would be impossible for kids to do the same now as because of shrinkflation they would need about 3 packs for the same number of Jelly Tots. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I'll agree with you that it's top but not that you eat top down.

I guess it's a best til last situation for me.  The smoother curved crust is far nicer than the rough straight one.

Round side is worse. The crust is thicker so you get less actual bread and the curve means it's smaller.

Edited by Stevo985

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I will happily eat orange Matchmakers but who the hell decided to mix chocolate with MINT is off their bloody rocker and it does my head in that it's become generally accepted that you get post meal mint chocolates in restaurants.  WTAF? 

No can't agree, mint choc chip ice cream is the business

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

No can't agree, mint choc chip ice cream is the business

The only thing worse than mint chocolate is mint ice cream. 

Disgusted Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Â