The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

So then which one of these would you go for?

new-vue_900x620_3.jpg

Surely has to be Harlem Hot!

Just the dog and the bun with Ketchup for me , no way am I eating onions , mayo or jalapeños 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can I make it clear I am no way a vegetarian.  I couldn't live life without sausages and burgers and I LOVE a good steak. 

But I draw the line at consuming burnt pig skin.  What a horror show. 

Ah man , long as it’s cooked correctly , it’s the best food the grey haired old man in the sky put on the planet for us ... only really works with pig , when I tried guinea pig although they cooked it with crispy  crackling it just wasn’t the same 

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just counted 22 different sauces (bottles or jars) at home, beat that! Ha

I reckon I could get close to that, the only thing stopping me is my wife questioning what the hell I am doing. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just the dog and the bun with Ketchup for me , no way am I eating onions , mayo or jalapeños 

Crispy onions though! Surprised there's no option that includes pickles

My biggest problem with hot dogs is the frankfurter sausages are shite

35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I can understand the logic as I used to be that way inclined. But then had a Harlem Hot and the world was a different place!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I reckon I could get close to that, the only thing stopping me is my wife questioning what the hell I am doing. 

Be brave young man, stand up for yourself and count your sauces if you want to, if not create a diversion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Be brave young man, stand up for yourself and count your sauces if you want to, if not create a diversion.

Not sure I'd have to tell my wife what I was doing, she'd already know... 

"**** villatalk again 🙄🙄

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Crispy onions though! Surprised there's no option that includes pickles

My biggest problem with hot dogs is the frankfurter sausages are shite

Yep. Best made with Bratwurst. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ah man , long as it’s cooked correctly , it’s the best food the grey haired old man in the sky put on the planet for us ... only really works with pig , when I tried guinea pig although they cooked it with crispy  crackling it just wasn’t the same 

Shocked Uh Oh GIF

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's a bit off topic but Squeezy Cheese. 

W. T. A. F? 

On holiday in the US earlier this year we bought a bottle of squeezy jam/jelly. Game changer, can’t believe we still persist with getting the jam out of jars with a knife.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

People advocating a bbq base pizza, hang your heads in shame.

First thing I do when ordering domino’s... switch the tomato sauce base to bbq 😔

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've always used Pataks curry paste.  NOT sauce, gotta be the paste.  It's not 100% like a proper takeaway but near as damn it and in fact better than a lot I've had* and way better than any supermarket curry. 

* there are also a ton of poor curry houses.  It took me literally 20 years and dozens of different restaurants before I found a replacement for The Ghandi in Hall Green. 

Someone on here recommended Goldfish Chinese curry sauce, can't remember who but I thank them because it really is an identical match for a Chinese curry.  

snapshotimagehandler_982670162.jpeg?h=54

The beauty of doing your own for me is you never get any dodgy meat. 

Wasn't me who recommended it, but bizarrely actually made a Chinese chicken curry with this tonight. Absolutely beautiful, just like Chinese takeaway! 

Tried the win yip one before which is pretty good too but think will stick with this one. Got it at ASDA as well so should be pretty easily available. 

Also agree with the Patak pastes, whilst not quite the same as an Indian takeaway, they are pretty damn good. Much better than the sauce in the jar and far easier than mixing up your own spice mix.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

During the lockdown panic buying height I couldn't get Worcestershire sauce which is basically a life essential for me. 

My wife managed to get something called Hendersons sauce which apparently is legendary in Sheffield.  It looks like Worcestershire sauce, it's packaged like Worcestershire sauce, it tastes like Worcestershire sauce with half the tasty ingredients taken out and mixed 50/50 with water. 

I imagine it's how a Heroin addict feels when taking methadone. 

You mean Henderson’s Relish? Far superior to Worcester sauce!

• Like 1

Â