The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Anyone on here old enough to remember a short run special at KFC in the 1980s of super thick sticky bbq ribs, man they were unbelievable, none of my mates can remember them but I just know I haven't dreamt it, them babies were real and bad, I mean BAD, super good!

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Anyone on here old enough to remember a short run special at KFC in the 1980s of super thick sticky bbq ribs, man they were unbelievable, none of my mates can remember them but I just know I haven't dreamt it, them babies were real and bad, I mean BAD, super good!

I don’t remember them but then we didn’t have a KFC in Telford til the early 90’s. 

I would have liked to have tried them though I can’t imagine you’ll get much meat from a chicken’s ribs :D

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I don’t remember them but then we didn’t have a KFC in Telford til the early 90’s. 

I would have liked to have tried them though I can’t imagine you’ll get much meat from a chicken’s ribs :D

Used to go to Shrewsbury in the late 80s and KFC was exotic. When the Wellington retail park one opened it was the holy grail. I tend to avood them in Stafford as our local one is a filth hole. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Used to go to Shrewsbury in the late 80s and KFC was exotic. When the Wellington retail park one opened it was the holy grail. I tend to avood them in Stafford as our local one is a filth hole. 

I remember the Shrewsbury one, we used to go to Wimpy though when over that way. Fast food with cutlery! Seems odd now. 

The Wellington retail park was my local KFC, when I was around 18/19, I had a few mates that worked there. Used to get so much free food when they were on shift :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Used to love a Wimpy.

Did anyone else have a 'Great British Burger' or was that just a Newport thing?

We still have a Wimpy in my town and occasionally go there as we have no McDonald's or Burger King.  The weirdest one they do is called a Bender In A Bun.

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

We still have a Wimpy in my town and occasionally go there as we have no McDonald's or Burger King.  The weirdest one they do is called a Bender In A Bun.

Not often I endorse vegetarian offerings, but Wimpy's spicy beanburgers used to be really nice. Dunno if they still do them? 

19 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah it does but I am partial to a cheeseless pizza from dominos having discovered the create your own option a couple of years ago. Had never eaten a pizza until then.

Although my mates remind me regularly that without cheese it’s not a pizza, just bread with stuff on it :)

A traditional Italian seafood pizza doesn’t have cheese 

image.jpeg.4ea429c509c936a5d3e1fa237f54fa46.jpeg

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

kenneth-williams.jpg?w=300&h=188

9 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

This one is surprizing good too.

Heinz_Firecracker_Sauce_220ml.jpg

Their chilli ketchup is pretty good too

640x640.jpg

Also I had this when I was in Thailand and never seen it anywhere else. It's not hot, but it's **** lovely

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not often I endorse vegetarian offerings, but Wimpy's spicy beanburgers used to be really nice. Dunno if they still do them? 

Were they the ones with Red Kidney Beans in? If so, I concur

On 16/05/2020 at 14:25, Mjvilla said:

Just joined this:

What's wrong with putting gravy all over your fish 

Everything, literally everything. More wrong than a wrong thing in a wrong place at the wrong time in the wrong context.  Wronger than Wrong McTavish from Wrongville.  Just wrong. 

Writing this has made me realise what an odd looking word "wrong" is. 

Â