The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

It depends, the bog standard curry sauce most chip shops sell is rank. However, there is one type I grew up with that is the dogs danglies. It was sold in what we knew as the bottom chip shop (to distinguish it from the top one) in my granddads village in Wales, it's rather fruity with of fruit and sultanas in it. For ages I thought it must have been made in-huse as you could never get it anywhere else. But since I've been living out these ways I have two chippies that sell the exact same curry sauce, I am blessed

Every chippy does that I thought?

theres usually two types of curry sauce to choose from, a normal kind of Chinese type curry sauce and then the weird fruity one which is definitely a British concoction.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

Jebus.  WTAF? Some kind of weird that is. And you have the cheek to dis the gravy

Look everyone, dirty Blandy has thrown a dead cat on the table.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Root Beer is proper nasty. It’s like drinking fizzy Covonia. 

Thank you. For years as a kid reading American comics I desperately wanted to try root beer. When I finally got to the US and tried some, I spat it out after the first mouthful - it was rank. What a let-down. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Thank you. For years as a kid reading American comics I desperately wanted to try root beer. When I finally got to the US and tried some, I spat it out after the first mouthful - it was rank. What a let-down. 

Same here, tried it the first time I went to Florida a few years back and thought they’d left cleaning fluid in the dispenser! 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I remember when the first McDonalds opened in Brum, the one on the ramp up to New St Station, they used to sell Root Beer. I used to quite like it

I've tried the proper stuff too, it's a bit mediciney but I could drink it, very much a marmite thing though I think.

I wouldn't drink it often that has to be said

you're all wrong!

11942191_10153591445835917_1842972561782762805_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=aSNXrR5011wAX-vOgao&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=be11b669337b75a3cd2781cd7d917155&oe=5EEAFEA1

that was from A&W who do the best root beer, they have a chain of burger stores in Canada and a few in the states, maybe the best burger chain I've been to (the wife didn't like shake shack, there was a lot of fat in the meat, soaked the bun)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

you're all wrong!

11942191_10153591445835917_1842972561782762805_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=aSNXrR5011wAX-vOgao&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=be11b669337b75a3cd2781cd7d917155&oe=5EEAFEA1

that was from A&W who do the best root beer, they have a chain of burger stores in Canada and a few in the states, maybe the best burger chain I've been to (the wife didn't like shake shack, there was a lot of fat in the meat, soaked the bun)

Looks the bollocks, tastes like bollocks. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Look everyone, dirty Blandy has thrown a dead cat on the table.

A dead cat, it might as well be. That @bickster has just said that putting sultanas and other fruit (sultanas aren't fruit, they're the devil's dangleberries) on chips is something good, but a nice gravy is bad. The prevert!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Does not compute

Pitta + Salad + Filling +/- sauce = kebab

Pitta + Salad = Mediterranean Weed Sandwich

A kebab is  Pitta + meat  , nothing else

why would you fill a decent bit of bread with rabbit food and a sauce  ??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That shit might fly down in that south, but a kebab has to have some form of plant based material in it even if it is just chillis. Not talking an entire salad course but its like going to Subway and asking for just meat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Typical, shall we call it a kebab shandy? No sauce... what kind of southern wide-boy trick is that?

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

That shit might fly down in that south, but a kebab has to have some form of plant based material in it even if it is just chillis. Not talking an entire salad course but its like going to Subway and asking for just meat. 

Which is what I do, except for jalapeños.....bread, meat, jalapeños and bbq sauce mmmm

Â