The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I know @rjw63 will approve but I can't help chucking Encona hot sauce on my food. Chill? Splash it on! Lasagne? Yep! Cottage pie? Why not! 

I tried recently after watching a lot of hot ones, I just can't do it! Encona West indies extra hot was my limit and I wouldn't say I particularly enjoyed that, just made some grilled chicken wraps with salad, cheese and splash of that and some mayo... Had to strip down to my boxers I was sweating that bad, day after was shite too (although alcohol deserves some of the blame) 

I'm back down to sirracha and eyeing up the company's sweet chilli sauce next

Before Xmas in the States I did get a bottle of daves gourmet creamed jalapeño sauce, incredible stuff

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I know @rjw63 will approve but I can't help chucking Encona hot sauce on my food. Chill? Splash it on! Lasagne? Yep! Cottage pie? Why not! 

Girl at work has it in everything. I even saw her put it on crumpets. That’s taking it too far

People that have malt vinegar on chips are morally bankrupt.

It needs to be pickled onion vinegar as mentioned above or that weird non-brewed chip shop stuff that can’t legally be called vinegar 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Vinegar on chips has always baffled me.

It's not that nice for a start. But worse than that, it makes your chips soggy.

The Office Thank You GIF

Now, I'm no saint in other food departments. Some of my pre-diet choices were perverse, but soggy chips? Nah.

Plenty of salt, nothing else. Maybe a dollop of brown sauce on the side. 

We've gone over this many times but I'm not one for a wet chip.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The Office Thank You GIF

Now, I'm no saint in other food departments. Some of my pre-diet choices were perverse, but soggy chips? Nah.

Plenty of salt, nothing else. Maybe a dollop of brown sauce on the side. 

We've gone over this many times but I'm not one for a wet chip.

Your lack of food is making your brain addled. No vinegar? No chips. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I had a bacon cheeseburger last night wrapped in lettuce. Wonderful stuff. 

You’ve changed and I am not sure I am completely comfortable with it. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Girl at work has it in everything. I even saw her put it on crumpets. That’s taking it too far

At the start of Tom Kerridges book (not his last one the one before) he does a couple of pages on how to generally eat healthier and how he he lost all the weight, along with him saying no beer several times he also says that you should add spice to every dish, something scientific about your body going in to fight or flight mode to get rid of the heat, speeds your metabolism up and you digest it quicker reducing the fat intake from it 

11 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Stilton cheese on a dark chocolate biscuit. Sounds gross but it works.

For me, anyway.

A classic Christmas party food in Sweden is blue cheese on ginger snap biscuits. A mix of sweet, salty and Christmas spice, it sounds like it would be similar to your invention. I’ve also seen it done with a thin slice of pear added on top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Your lack of food is making your brain addled. No vinegar? No chips. 

Nah, vinegar just makes all chips just soggy and for me thats bad. Chips need to be salted and nothing else. Same with popcorn. Has to be salted, none of this sweet nonsense. Preferably with melted butter but no cinema does that now :angry:

Though I agree with you, bacon cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce? WTF @AVFC_Hitz? You're likely to get a warning from @bickster for using lettuce!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Nah, vinegar just makes all chips just soggy and for me thats bad. Chips need to be salted and nothing else.

Yep. I mean I have curry sauce on chips, but that's thicker so while it does soggy the chips a bit it's not bad. 

Vinegar is like water so the chips feel horrible when it's soaked in them.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. I mean I have curry sauce on chips, but that's thicker so while it does soggy the chips a bit it's not bad. 

Vinegar is like water so the chips feel horrible when it's soaked in them.

Don't like chip shop curry sauce. If your having curry sauce, it needs to be proper chinese or indian curry sauce. 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

You guys have gone frickin crazy.

Vinegar on chips is a standard, and as for saying it adds no flavour.......WTF, vinegar is a well strong flavour! (Unless you have coronavirus)

Screw these guys @bannedfromHandV they are sprinkling crack on their chips. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â