The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

wise words on the tin, wonder what would happen if you did'nt, hmmmmmmmmm

Probably blow up the microwave - that is how you're supposed to cook them, right?

• Haha 2

When my brother in law first moved away from home in the early 80's he bought one of those boil in the bag meals. 

Put it into the boiling water for a bit, took it out, ripped off the top and poured what by now was basically some red hot powder onto his plate....... He'd actually bought a dehydrated meal. 

Who says you need to read the instructions? 

Edited by sidcow

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Been busy trying to think of a polite way to say how awful and soggy the fish was so no Mods give me warning points. 

I can't think of a nice way to say I'll never ruin good fish that way again and why would anyone choose to do that on a regular basis. 

You can forever be ‘case study 1’ for the ‘don’t knock it til you’ve tried it’ argument. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

One of my mates used to dip chocolate digestives in tomato soup. 

I think I could just about wrap my head around a normal digestive (thinking it's vaguely bread like), but a chocolate one is just odd. 

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Rob, they've lied to you, the naysayers.

See they slag me off for putting gravy on fish, but from page 1 of this thread (including with photographic evidence) I've said the gravy goes on the chips which you have with the fish. That way the fish doesn't go soggy like you experienced. The odd splat of gravy does no harm mind. As you say, Gravy goes a treat on the chips.

They made you do it, all those ones on here who slag me off for Fish with chips and gravy. They know no shame and are probably snowflake remainer traitors*/ Gammony Brexity idiots*

I'm sorry the snowflakes/Gammons ruined your tea.

Next time, put the gravy on the chips and all will be well with the world, No deal Brexit won't* / will* have happened and everything will be OK

*select according to personal take on it all.

• "

It was worth a try, might have been great. It really wasn't but it could have been. 

Besides, I've eaten worse when drunk at 3am from dodgy takeaways. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Been busy trying to think of a polite way to say how awful and soggy the fish was so no Mods give me warning points. 

Was it like munching into a wet old trout? 

Â