The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

They absolutely love it in Korea

Due to the help the US gave them in the Korean War - all the servicemen there at the time obviously had spam as part of their rations and the locals incorporated it into their menus and so on. It's kind of touching, really.

Horrible stuff, mind.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

Due to the help the US gave them in the Korean War - all the servicemen there at the time obviously had spam as part of their rations and the locals incorporated it into their menus and so on. It's kind of touching, really.

Horrible stuff, mind.

Yep, they also have a dish called budae jjigae (army stew).  A spicy Korean broth which contains ingredients taken from US provisions such as spam, hotdog sausages, beans and plastic cheese.  

image.thumb.jpeg.2bcbfea5f9f5eb2e3e19c24099f941d2.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, they also have a dish called budae jjigae (army stew).  A spicy Korean broth which contains ingredients taken from US provisions such as spam, hotdog sausages, beans and plastic cheese.  

image.thumb.jpeg.2bcbfea5f9f5eb2e3e19c24099f941d2.jpeg

I'd eat that. Proper 10.01pm food.

• Haha 2

On 19/08/2020 at 07:47, Follyfoot said:

I had some once in a cafe in the East End when we played West Ham one weekday donkeys years ago, this example had a couple of old bints sucking and spitting eel bones into a bucket at the back and the bird behind the jump, cheeky young lassie she was,had a face that rather looked like the pies on sale, very surreal but in all fairness tasted good 

It may be because I’m drinking, but this reads almost like poetry

On 16/09/2020 at 13:43, bannedfromHandV said:

First time I went to America I ordered biscuits and gravy for breakfast, my girlfriend told me not to because it wasn’t what I thought it would be.

She was 100% correct, I have no idea to this day what it was but it was not biscuits, and it was not gravy.

I can’t believe this was just glossed over. I’m not an American person, but what is it you were actually expecting?? If it was like a packet of digestives and some thick dark beef gravy, I question why you would want that and I think that says more about you than ‘Murcia. 

• Like 1

Oh I had a Michelada for the first time the other day. I’d hate to offend any of our Mexican followers but wtf is that shit? It’s like someone poured a beer into a glass they didn’t realize was still half full of Bloody Mary. One of the single worst things I’ve ever had. 

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Oh I had a Michelada for the first time the other day. I’d hate to offend any of our Mexican followers but wtf is that shit? It’s like someone poured a beer into a glass they didn’t realize was still half full of Bloody Mary. One of the single worst things I’ve ever had. 

One thing beer is not is a mixer. That looks horrendous! 

Â