The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

There is a basic misunderstanding here, the perversion isn't gravy with chips, its gravy with FISH and chips

Ahh, I see. I've done it once, it felt a bit wrong but I kept them apart and it wasn't too bad. I did do a test dip of fish and batter into the gravy which I won't do again. 

As long as blandy is keeping his gravy away from the fish, I'll still back him. I have a vague memory of seeing fish and chips with gravy all over in the food thread though if memory serves. 

I guess at least with curry sauce you can lie to yourself and pretend you're having a Goan fish curry. 

I'd go with that combo to be fair, chip bap with gravy is my weapon of choice with then either a tray of kebab meat with bbq and mayo or a fish with peas

Never been a batter bits man, worked in a chippy for 4 years, always got to take home the leftovers at the end of a shift so I've thrown together some combos in my time (as well as taken home an embarrassing amount of stuff) 

Grilled cheeseburger with 1st cut chicken kebab meat on top is still the best, not a clue why places don't offer it 

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

There is a basic misunderstanding here, the perversion isn't gravy with chips, its gravy with FISH and chips

I am only weighing into this discussion from this page on so need to read back but absolutely. Chips'n'Gravy is a beautiful combination but definitely gravy with fish and chips is a complete abomination.  Equally so curry sauce and fish for me.  Got to be ketchup or tartare sauce with fish. 

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

This. Steak pie and chips - no problem, gravy is good. But with fish, NO. Salt and vinegar or GTFO. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Equally so curry sauce and fish for me.

Curry sauce is perfectly acceptable, its my chip flavouring of quoice with fish, though tomato or tartare is perfectly acceptable. Gravy however is just WRONG. The curry sauce only gets opened once the fish has been eaten and only half the chips are left. I order it separate

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nope, gravy on chips is a step away from mayo on chips. It's **** wrong.

Salt, vinegar. Maybe some peas if you have fish. Curry sauce if you have sausages.

Peas with chips is an abomination and I hate it and will never grace the table if I am in charge.  I hate it when the Mrs decides we haven't had enough vedge and does peas with chips instead of beans.  Does my nut in. Carrots are worse though. 

BUT now I am going to utterly contradict myself.  Peas and Carrots are OK with chips if it's with Gravy. Obviously not to be openly welcomed and encouraged but definitely acceptable. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am only weighing into this discussion from this page on so need to read back

It may not even be in this topic but the Gravy Feud® has been running a while :mrgreen:

It had been laid to rest but then @blandy posted his provactive photo and you've seen what happened

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It is with morrowfat / chip shop  or mushy peas. Proper peas however cooked at home are acceptable

Freak GIF by memecandy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Nope, gravy on chips is a step away from mayo on chips. It's **** wrong.

Salt, vinegar. Maybe some peas if you have fish. Curry sauce if you have sausages.

No-one cares about your opinion stupid you virgin.

Oh sorry, I meant, no-one cares about your stupid opinion, you vegan.

That's better.

42 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Just joined this:

What's wrong with putting gravy all over your fish and chips?

It basically the habit of deviants. Its been discussed and it was agreed without question that gravy on fish and chips people are in that venn diagram of men that get set up by vigilante groups on the internet. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Just joined this:

What's wrong with putting gravy all over your fish and chips?

Now't. It upsets all the right people, too. 😜

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I might pay attention to the ‘no gravy on fish and chips’ movement when it’s not fronted by people that don’t like vegetables. Until then..

Lettuce isn't a vegetable, it's a weed

• Haha 3

Â