The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

I always butter up - if you're going for a fat fest of a sandwich might as well go the whole hog. Squirting dollops of ketchup on it too. 

There was a wonderful sandwich shop in Bromsgrove called Korner Kitchen - suspect it may not be there anymore, that catered to all our needs. We even created songs ( not great ones admittedly ) involving the wonders of our acronymed choices - the BSDDRS ( Bacon, Sausage, Double Decked, Red Sauce ).  

I am now feeling extraordinarily hungry.

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I always butter up - if you're going for a fat fest of a sandwich might as well go the whole hog. Squirting dollops of ketchup on it too. 

There was a wonderful sandwich shop in Bromsgrove called Korner Kitchen - suspect it may not be there anymore, that catered to all our needs. We even created songs ( not great ones admittedly ) involving the wonders of our acronymed choices - the BSDDRS ( Bacon, Sausage, Double Decked, Red Sauce ).  

I am now feeling extraordinarily hungry.

I agree. Butter with bacon and sausage sarnies is the only way to do it, it has to be real butter though :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

We've done the butter on bacon sarnies thing a few times on here. 

For me anything other than brown or red sauce and you're officially a monster :D

Count me as a monster.  I'm a BBQ sauce man.  I can't stand red or brown sauce and occasionally I might put a few drops of this on:

rsz_psycho_juice_70pct_scorpion_pepper-1

That wakes you up in the morning, yes siree.  

32 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

We've done the butter on bacon sarnies thing a few times on here. 

For me anything other than red sauce and you're officially a monster :D

Fixed that for you. Brown sauce is a creation of beelzebub himself

34 minutes ago, trekka said:

Count me as a monster.  I'm a BBQ sauce man.  I can't stand red or brown sauce and occasionally I might put a few drops of this on:

rsz_psycho_juice_70pct_scorpion_pepper-1

That wakes you up in the morning, yes siree.  

I'll accept that :)

Butter on a bacon sarnie though? It's just wrong I tell ya! 

• Like 1

YEah we've done this butter thing before.

I don't see why you'd put butter on every kind of sandwich except a breakfast one?

The butter being melted by the hot bacon/sausage is half the pleasure.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blandy said:

This board is going to the dogs. People are falling out with each other all over the place, and understandably so with heresy like this openly espoused.

Blandy's in the Brownies, Blandy's in the Brownies. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

@blandy probably has gravy on his sausage sandwich :P

I love a bit of Gravy on my chips, though curry sauce is my usual. 

Once on Llandudno pier I was torn between gravy or curry sauce, gravy or curry sauce, gravy or curry sauce. 

Went for curry sauce.  Imagine my disappointment when he started pouring on this thin runny vesta style sauce complete with grapes and currents. I could have chucked it straight back in his face. 

Best thing about Christmas is the leftover turkey with chips gravy and stuffing....mmmmmmm

• 2 years later...
Just now, chrisp65 said:

If you really want to compare weird shit, I saw a picture the other day where someone had put gravy on fish n chips. 

Filth.

Filth in a bad way.

My missus does this and I agree with you, I mean curry sauce yes, chip shop gravy, not a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

If you really want to compare weird shit, I saw a picture the other day where someone had put gravy on fish n chips. 

Filth.

Filth in a bad way.

No. Stop with that. We can never be friends. It’s yum

• Like 2

Â