The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Fish and gravy?

2016 man, what a sick and twisted shit show of a year from start to finish.

Battered cod and gravy. Sicker than Barry Bennell's team building lessons

Curry sauce FTW

• Like 3

On 02/12/2016 at 16:16, chrisp65 said:

Fish and gravy?

2016 man, what a sick and twisted shit show of a year from start to finish.

:angry: Look, two things to get straight, right, firstly I live in the North and it's the law up here to have gravy with chips.

Secondly the chippie, being in the North, doesn't do curry sauce [which is what I used to have when I lived down in those there midlands]. The chippie i feel sure believes (correctly) that the gravy it serves is of excellent quality and makes a fine accompaniment to chips.

So bog off with your abhorrent gravyphobic views.

:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

gravy has no place with cod and chips, if it aint at the very most mushy peas then thats it. Stop right there  

This. And I live in The North. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Chips and gravy. Bloody lovely. 

Not sure I'm keen on the idea of gravy on my fish though. That shit needs to be crisp.

Some fine people, kris, Ruge, Rodders, did good. They liked my post, they have the necessary. Simon, you scrape in by dint of the enthusiasm for chips and gravy. The rest of you monkey-fudgers better watch out, I'm gonna go postal on your gravy hatin' uncivilised, uncultured, shandy drinkin' southern, sunbitch asses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, blandy said:

Some fine people, kris, Ruge, Rodders, did good. They liked my post, they have the necessary. Simon, you scrape in by dint of the enthusiasm for chips and gravy. The rest of you monkey-fudgers better watch out, I'm gonna go postal on your gravy hatin' uncivilised, uncultured, shandy drinkin' southern, sunbitch asses.

There's no dislike of gravy here. There's no dissing of the chips. I'm a big fan of fish. Some of my best friends are takeaways.

But let's not dress up what you're doing as some sort of northern 'safe space' diversity. It's nothing to do with geography or heritage. You can't call on some Lincolnshire version of the Windrush story to justify yourself.

Fish and gravy?

What you're doing is dirty.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Cheesy ******* chips. Cannot understand how anyone could eat them.

Mate, you should try ling in the north east. The land of cheesy chips! No late night trip to the kebab shop is complete, without some drunken lass, eating a tray of stinking cheesy chips, usually with a dollop of garlic sauce. Horrible.  

Just now, dAVe80 said:

Mate, you should try ling in the north east. The land of cheesy chips! No late night trip to the kebab shop is complete, without some drunken lass, eating a tray of stinking cheesy chips, usually with a dollop of garlic sauce. Horrible.  

Horrid. 

• 3 weeks later...

How come it's generally accepted that bacon and sausage sandwiches come on dry bread? I can't think of anything more awful. Why does this state of affairs exist? 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How come it's generally accepted that bacon and sausage sandwiches come on dry bread? I can't think of anything more awful. Why does this state of affairs exist? 

What? Is it? I've never heard of this. It's not like that round these here parts.

Â