What's the best console at the moment?

luke_holte_ender

What's the best console around at the moment?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best console around at the moment?

• Wii
    • PS3
    • Xbox 360
    • PSP
    • Other

Best console?

YOu never played the triple action cart on the Intellivision? - biplanes rules.

who needs graphics sound or processing power, when you got a really playable game!

whats the exclusive content for the xbox 360 in regards to GTA?

Nobody knows exactly but it's likely it'll be a mission pack. There were suggestions of whole new areas of the game, which I severely doubt will happen.

And these are almost certainly going to be 360 ONLY benefits, Microsoft gave Rockstar a rather large sweetner for exclusive DLC content, and I suspect they'd not be happy if Sony got it as well. (Having said that I'm sure they'll make their way onto the PS3 eventually, just as the older GTAs did making their way to the Xbox).

whats the exclusive content for the xbox 360 in regards to GTA?

xbox will only get some extra missions, other things you can download for ps3 too

ps3 also gets its own exclusive content just like the xbox

Microsoft paid Rockstar Studios some $50m for exclusive downloadable content on the 360.

They have said a big load of **** all of exactly what this DLC is going to be, or how much it will be, though they (well, Sam Hauser, the big man at Microsoft) do promise it will be "significant" and "marketed aggressively"

A lot of people have been speculating about this, obviously. A few Blogs point to quotes made at the Game Developers Conference, which was an industry event that took place in the USA about six weeks ago:

GTA IV New Information on Exclusive 360 Episodes

At a recent Microsoft Bloggers Breakfast, more information was given on the exclusive content 360 users will be seeing. Directly quoted from The Bitbag:

* When MS says exclusive, they mean that no other system can have DLC content for GTAIV

* It will be bigger than a lot of people think. GTA3 Vice City and San Andreas were basically expansions of GTA3. Think of the DLC that way. We are talking major expansion for GTAIV

* No price has been discussed yet. It’s up to Rockstar on whether or not they will charge for it

* If successful, DLC may be the new way to deliver GTA expansions

Could this mean free DLC, and a continued world via downloadable updates in future years?

(source: theGTAdomain.com)

Basically if you have both systems then you would be mad to buy the PS3 version. If you were looking to purchase a next gen machine to play GTA on i think you would be advised to pick up a 360.

I voted 360, but my sis recently won a wii and I'm so impressed with it. i'd played wiisports a lot before, but I've been onMario Galaxy for the past 3 days and it's a brilliant brilliant game. Also played PES the other day at my mates and it was also a lot of fun. Maybe the novelty will wear off but at the moment I'm very imprressed.

depends what u mean by 'best' i personally love the xbox 360 it has so much choice in terms of games and has titles that are massive like GTA being released as well as the ps3... never played a ps3 and have heard nothing but bad things.

for innovation alone the wii is by far the best... but single player gameplay is 360 ... my vote is 360 but love the wii as well.

just about to trade my 360 in for a ps3. had a great time with my 360 an excellent console but FOR ME its reached its peak and beofre the trade price collapses im going to pay £100 quid for a ps3 and GTA

• 2 weeks later...

After playing the PS3 for the last two weeks and having only played the xbox 360 previously I must say the PS3 is an awesome multimedia piece of equipment. I will probably get the 360 too in the future as I like all games and if you can afford it im not sure why you would only have one or the other and totally dismiss the one you havent got. Anyhoo I have got Pro Evo, GT 5, Assasins Creed and I will be getting GTA too. GT 5 is probably the best game i have seen graphically so far it is just immense. THe ps3 is so quiet and the blu ray player is awesome.

Well happy with the purchase

I agree with omariqy they are all good in their own way.

I have played the 360 since its first release and a Wii since its, only recently had access to a PS3.

If I had none of them what would I buy?

It might be an economic decision, I could buy a 360 and a Wii for not a great deal over the price of a worthy PS3 and few games. But the 360 would be a lame version.

Whereas the 360 and Wii have games that have a little more longevity and range the PS3 is lacking massively even if the future looks extremely bright.

Multimedia wise I think the Wii is purely excellent, it has capabilities that put it in a very strong position for media viewing and the wireless networking increases its worth again.

The 360 has potential but the simplicity of the Wii and support, makes its a better option for the general consumer.

The PS3 is obviously the best on this front, sporting excellent technology and first class future multimedia support, even if this is lacking at the moment. Bluray is the winner (somebody had to be) and you get it included in the price.

The console wars are interesting, if you want to play excellently put together games with a large variety you cannot really look past a 360. Even if the RROD (which is a disgrace) concerns you, you are still getting lots and lots of gaming, and excellent gaming at that. You just have to decide what version to buy! Pffff.

If you want to play enthralling quirky games that offer entertainment, a social atmosphere and a different element to standard gaming then the Wii is just what you are looking for, with the added Nintendo and Japan brand game bonus that guarantees longevity.

The PS3 is a geeks dream, it is excellent in many many departments but lacks the real gaming edge that the others currently provide. There are some great titles but choice is imperative and Sony have lost a few exclusive titles and need a few others to come out. Still an awesome bit of kit.

So in reality you can't lose, pick your favourite games and then buy the console they are on!

You will end up being happy!

BTW I would buy a Wii, cant get past how simple and great it is in many many departments (especially multimedia) the PS3 isn't ready and I don't think the 360 hardware ambitions/issues have been settled.

Personally I own a 360, and think that is the best console, having played both the Wii and PS3. I am not saying the other two are bad consoles though, it is all down to personal preference. I'd have all three if I could afford it! I just love the range of games on the 360, and the controller.

My advice would be to get a 360 or a Wii at the moment. Then wait until the PS3 price tumbles down. By then there should be more games for the PS3, and better ones. Plus it has the added bonus of Blu-ray. Then you would be able to use your 360 or Wii for games, and your PS3 for games or as a Blu-Ray player. The PS3 will be worth buying (when the price drops) as a Blu-Ray player alone, as it is cheaper than most others on the market, and can be updated.

So, get the 360 or Wii now, then the PS3 when it comes down in price. Just my opinion. Yet, as I said, it all comes down to personal preference. Whatever you get, just enjoy it. That's what all of the consoles are meant to be, fun!

So which one (360 or PS3) is better with a non HD TV? As I understand PS3 runs poorly on a normal TV. Could someone pls advice as I am a poor sod who is still playing games on PS2 and in need a update in the gaming world!

edit: Just notice there are different versions for the xbox, the Arcade, console and Elite?

Which one do I need to play games like GTA4 or Pro Evo?

And if I could get it for £240 on Elite, is this a good deal?

Â