Our strongest team

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but they were terrible when he got capped.

Like saying some fisherman from Iceland was brilliant in the 70s because he won 2 caps when they are only a good team now

Any opportunity to belittle an achievement by a Villa player, eh?

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it shows how good you have to be to play for them 

That isn't a logical comment sorry mate, maybe we just need to agree to disagree. 

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That isn't a logical comment sorry mate, maybe we just need to agree to disagree. 

Personally, I think that Holland are a great footballing nation with great history and a long list of great players that have played for them like Van Basten, Bergkamp, Johan Cryuff and Van Nistelrooy. They play such an attacking, attractive brand of football. Do you disagree, if so why?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Personally, I think that Holland are a great footballing nation with great history and a long list of great players that have played for them like Van Basten, Bergkamp, Johan Cryuff and Van Nistelrooy. They play such an attacking, attractive brand of football. Do you disagree, if so why?

Again you're glossing over their whole history to suit your argument. The facts are El-Ghazi was capped at a time when Holland were picking from their lowest talent pool in probably 50 years.

I'm not saying AEG is crap, he is is just no where near as good as you're trying to make him out to be. If he is so good why isn't he getting picked for Holland now??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Again you're glossing over their whole history to suit your argument. The facts are El-Ghazi was capped at a time when Holland were picking from their lowest talent pool in probably 50 years.

I'm not saying AEG is crap, he is is just no where near as good as you're trying to make him out to be. If he is so good why isn't he getting picked for Holland now??

Because we’re languishing in the relegation zone, if we were higher in the table, more of our players would get picked for their national side. All ifs, buts and maybes but in my opinion, El Ghazi is the type of player that would be more suited to international football than club football due to the slower tempo. He would get more on the ball and show off his silky skills

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because we’re languishing in the relegation zone, if we were higher in the table, more of our players would get picked for their national side. All ifs, buts and maybes but in my opinion, El Ghazi is the type of player that would be more suited to international football than club football due to the slower tempo. He would get more on the ball and show off his silky skills

I'm sorry mate, but what your saying is pure speculation.... If AEG was that good, Holland would pick him, he isn't so they don't, pure and simple.

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm sorry mate, but what your saying is pure speculation.... If AEG was that good, Holland would pick him, he isn't so they don't, pure and simple.

I think he is, I think he is criminally underrated by Villa fans in general, I think he has great natural ability 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is, I think he is criminally underrated by Villa fans in general, I think he has great natural ability 

Fantastic..... I don't agree. Let's move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think if he is given a run of games, he will become consistent 

I don't think so.

He is very much a confidence player. Having a couple of bad games and he while be poor for a while.

Have a couple of good games he will be good for a while.

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think if he is given a run of games, he will become consistent 

He started 21 games and played in all but 3 out of 29 in the league this season, only missed 5 out of 37 games all competitions all season.

6 goals and 7 assist in 31 games (league & cup) is not bad at all, but he's still too inconsistent in general play.

Happy to have him as squad player thou.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think so.

He is very much a confidence player. Having a couple of bad games and he while be poor for a while.

Have a couple of good games he will be good for a while.

Have a little faith, he will come good I think, us fans just need to be patient with him

2 minutes ago, sne said:

He started 21 games and played in all but 3 out of 29 in the league this season, only missed 5 out of 37 games all competitions all season.

6 goals and 7 assist in 31 games (league & cup) is not bad at all, but he's still too inconsistent in general play.

Happy to have him as squad player thou.

I think he’s good enough to start for us

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In the Premier League consistently

Just out of curiosity how would you improve our 25 man squad and starting 11 going into next season?

Provided we are not relegated.

Â