Our strongest team

sir_gary_cahill

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

............Heaton............

Elmo.Engels.Mings.Targett

...................Luiz...................

.........Hourihane.McGinn.....

El Ghazi....Samatta...Jack

You don’t rate Guilbert or Nakamba?

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Holland havent played an international tournament since 2014, one of the worst generations they have ever had

Yet they still have Wijnaldum, Van Dijk, Depay, De Ligt, Van Bergwijn. All of which would get in the England team, they also have Ake who I think is class

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yet they still have Wijnaldum, Van Dijk, Depay, De Ligt, Van Bergwijn. All of which would get in the England team

Dont see how that has anything to so with El Ghazi winning a couple of caps when Netherlands were shit a few years bac.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Dont see how that has anything to so with El Ghazi winning a couple of caps when Netherlands were shit a few years bac.

You said that they have one of the worst generations they’ve ever had and yet they still have players who would get in the England or Ireland squad or team

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You said that they have one of the worst generations they’ve ever had and yet they still have players who would get in the England or Ireland squad or team

Yes the tournaments were 2 and 4 years ago, El Ghazi made his debut before then and Netherlands failed miserably with a shit generation of attackers except Robben. Vincent Janssen, Babel, Luuk De Jong, Bas Dost were regular players

Any winger getting a look in to a side as an understudy to Arjen Robben shows a lot of promise and potential.

Edit: Not entirely true what I've posted above, but if you look at the Netherlands side of 2014, I doubt they expected to capitulate as they did.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes the tournaments were 2 and 4 years ago, El Ghazi made his debut before then and Netherlands failed miserably with a shit generation of attackers except Robben. Vincent Janssen, Babel, Luuk De Jong, Bas Dost were regular players

Babel isn’t ****

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Any winger getting a look in to a side as an understudy to Arjen Robben shows a lot of promise and potential.

Agreed, but in the 5 years since he has not been called up. He was a very talented youngster back then.

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Babel isn’t ****

then again you highly rate Trezeguet, Drinkwater and Hepburn-Murphy so we both know where this is going ;) 

Just now, sne said:

Agreed, but in the 5 years since he has not been called up. He was a very talented youngster back then.

This is why I am excited by his being brought here, especially considering he came during our Championship position. It shows he's still hungry to prove himself.

• Like 1

I think these selections go to show that for a newly promoted team, we have a decent Premier League squad. If the worst happens and we do go down, we will lose some players, it’s inevitable. Even if we perform the miracle and stay up, we will lose some players. What defines us is how we replace them, I trust Smith whatever happens, I don’t know if other posters feel the same

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

To play for an esteemed national side like Holland is a great achievement, think of some of the great players that have played for them in the past. Hopefully, he’ll spend his prime years at Villa then

The same Holland that didn't qualify for the last world cup?

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Heaton

Guilbert Engels Mings Targett

Luiz Nakamba Mcginn

Samatta Wesley Grealish

From what I’ve seen of Samatta so far, I think he would be wasted on the wing

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The same Holland that didn't qualify for the last world cup?

or the bloated 2016 Euros when it was impossible not to qualify, they didnt even make the play-offs

• Like 1

Nyland

Konsa          Engels        Mings

Guilbert             Nkamba    McGinn         Targett

Grealish        

Samatta       Davis

Â