NFL Fantasy Football 2020???

maqroll

On 06/09/2020 at 22:13, kkr said:

13 league games so you wouldnt play everyone in the division twice.  I've set it to this for now, leaving out week 17.

If it's one draft and the fixtures aren't segregated then I'm struggling to see any reason at all to having 2 divisions ?

We have a 16 team league as it stands so there's no reason at all to play anybody twice. In fact there would be 2 teams you won''t face in the regular season.

A new opponent every week would be more fun than repeat fixtures ?

We usually have 14 teams of 9 starters plus 5 bench players equalling 196 drafted players .   A 16 team league with 4 bench spots would total 208 drafted players . (That's only 12 less players on the waiver wire than usual)

3 bench spots and the waiver wire is bigger than we have had it for years to be honest .

If we are having a true flex with our nutty scoring then a limit on RB's per roster may be the way to go.

One 16 team league . 4 bench spots. New opponent every week . Max 3 RB's per roster. Top half makes the playoffs.

At the moment it just looks like a 16 team league with 2 cliques.

8 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

If it's one draft and the fixtures aren't segregated then I'm struggling to see any reason at all to having 2 divisions ?

We have a 16 team league as it stands so there's no reason at all to play anybody twice. In fact there would be 2 teams you won''t face in the regular season.

A new opponent every week would be more fun than repeat fixtures ?

We usually have 14 teams of 9 starters plus 5 bench players equalling 196 drafted players .   A 16 team league with 4 bench spots would total 208 drafted players . (That's only 12 less players on the waiver wire than usual)

3 bench spots and the waiver wire is bigger than we have had it for years to be honest .

If we are having a true flex with our nutty scoring then a limit on RB's per roster may be the way to go.

One 16 team league . 4 bench spots. New opponent every week . Max 3 RB's per roster. Top half makes the playoffs.

At the moment it just looks like a 16 team league with 2 cliques.

I thought it had been decided that it's one league again?

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I thought it had been decided that it's one league again?

I just logged into my Yahoo finally and it seems to be split into 2 divisions still . My fixture list includes you twice but I don't face KKR or Olof ?

Unless there are 2 separate leagues with self enclosed drafts the 2 division thing seems moot.   

Is the plan to have the top 4  from div 1 meet the top 4 from div 2 in the playoffs ?  This could mean a team finishing 5th in their div missing out to a worse team who finished 4th in the other division ?

What if I have to face McCaffrey twice whilst others get to duck him ?

Is there another Brumerican type character out there who can have a pop at me for leaving this so late ?

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

I think you're talking sense @Brumerican 

I was hoping it would be to play everyone once (up to 13 fixtures) and top 4 from each division head to the playoffs just like NFL conferences.  Divisions do seem moot if it's all one player pool any way.

@kkr has been working hard to keep up with and make the changes though so we would be best to finalise what we want as a league so as not to burden him much more.  The bench reduction seems sensible, as does the flex role.  RB scoring was better aligned to WR last year so I think we could probably proceed as it's unlikely a single team will have CMC and another top RB.

I'm voting for the ability to play each team once (up to 13 games), whether that be two divisions or one league of 16.  

Rank Manager Team Rating (+-) Level  
1 Rhys rhyscartwright_avfc 921 felo_nfl_diamond_mini@3x.png Diamond
2 Simon Samatta U 917 felo_nfl_diamond_mini@3x.png Diamond
3 Matt Great Olof's Vikings 900 felo_nfl_diamond_mini@3x.png Diamond
4 abdomlahor Quon Air 868 felo_nfl_platinum_mini@3x.png Platinum
5 Brumerican It Ertz when Eifert 853 felo_nfl_platinum_mini@3x.png Platinum
6 MrDelDante Dante’s Devils 784 felo_nfl_gold_mini@3x.png Gold
7 Michael V Maq Attack 779 felo_nfl_gold_mini@3x.png Gold
8 zak London Champs 733 felo_nfl_gold_mini@3x.png Gold
9 Allan Lancs Villans 670 felo_nfl_silver_mini@3x.png Silver
10 kkr The PlayBook of Eli 655 felo_nfl_silver_mini@3x.png Silver
11 Xela Brown Dawgs 650 felo_nfl_silver_mini@3x.png Silver
12 Stefan Lockett Like Its Hot 598 felo_nfl_bronze_mini@3x.png Bronze
13 Sam Ray Finkle All Stars 593 felo_nfl_bronze_mini@3x.png Bronze
14 Alex Ravens Flock 593 felo_nfl_bronze_mini@3x.png Bronze
15 Jonny The Brown Stuff 589 felo_nfl_bronze_mini@3x.png Bronze
16 Rob Punters Unanimous 579 felo_nfl_bronze_mini@3x.png Bronze

1 @rhyscartwright_avfc

2 @Beastmix

3 @sexbelowsound

4 @abdomlahor

5 @Brumerican

6 @Dante_Lockhart  (Welcome back man)

7 @maqroll

8 @zak

9 @LancsVillan

10 @kkr

11 @Xela

12 @StefanAVFC

13  @Hornso

14   Alex  ????

15 @Tubby

16 @rjw63

Forgive me but I don't recognise the 3 new team names ? Can we fill in the blanks ? 

If I have one mixed up let me know.

Good turn out folks.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I think it is based on sweariness .

I just copied it from Yahoo.

Thought I finished 8th last year, so I automatically go last.

That makes sense

spacer.png

Just now, rjw63 said:

Thought I finished 8th last year, so I automatically go last.

That makes sense

spacer.png

After a quick investigation it looks like a total grade for  ALL your Yahoo teams over your entire Yahoo history .

It's basically us nerdy losers who manage hundreds of teams at the top .

This is definitely a list you want to be near the bottom of to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If you click here Rob you can see what it all means  https://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/ORV5X6QWPRPV3ATXQAOLX3LGZM/?sport=football.

This is your entire Yahoo career since 2008 . (Mine only goes back to an email change I made in 2018)

You have 96 wins and 94 losses ( 1 tie) over the last 12/13 years giving you pretty much a bang on .500 rating.

I have 143 wins and 105 losses in the last 3 years because I practise drafting by joining real leagues against randoms rather than mocking. These are the sort of leagues that people forget about or give up on easily so it's a doddle to make the playoffs.

In essence it just means you play in less leagues but at a higher standard.

It was the only list I could copy and paste without dragging glitchy icons along for the ride.

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

1 @rhyscartwright_avfc

2 ???

3 @sexbelowsound

4 @abdomlahor

5 @Brumerican

6 @Dante_Lockhart  (Welcome back man)

7 @maqroll

8 @zak

9 @LancsVillan

10 @kkr

11 @Xela

12 @StefanAVFC

13  Sam   ????

14   Alex  ????

15 @Tubby

16 @rjw63

Forgive me but I don't recognise the 3 new team names ? Can we fill in the blanks ? 

If I have one mixed up let me know.

Good turn out folks.

I am Sam
image.jpeg.c777ec46df81948538718d33824b9a67.jpeg

Â