NFL Fantasy Football 2020???

maqroll

If there are no further changes to the votes we can get the second league set up later next week and then begin assigning the teams based on last seasons standings and newcomers etc.

• Like 2

If we're going with 2 separate leagues, my suggestion for relegation and promotion would be;

2 teams with worst record in top division get relegated.

In bottom division, the playoff winner & team with best overall record get promoted. Only thing is would have to work out what to do in the scenario of it being the same team with best record and playoff win. Potentially team with 2nd best record?

On 30/08/2020 at 14:01, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

If we're going with 2 separate leagues, my suggestion for relegation and promotion would be;

2 teams with worst record in top division get relegated.

In bottom division, the playoff winner & team with best overall record get promoted. Only thing is would have to work out what to do in the scenario of it being the same team with best record and playoff win. Potentially team with 2nd best record?

team that lost in final

• Like 1

@kkr

Can you confirm that the divisions are conferences and not that one division sits below the other?

What format was agreed for the playoffs?  Top 4 teams in each division face off against each other then a 'superbowl'?

Edited by Tubby

11 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

If it's straight promotion relegation then I will do it this season but that will probably be it. I liked one division and the variety of teams doing well over years

I don't think it is.  We all play each other at least once.  Divisions look like conferences rather than promotion / relegation.  Awaiting confirmation as per my question above.

This method should allow more chances to make the playoffs so more variety.  Just pool of players gets smaller with more teams.

@kkr - really think we should set the RB to 1 else there won't be enough to go round as soon as someone has 2 starters and 2+ stashed.  1 starter should cap RBs per team to 3 and even then we'd be in need of 48 RBs for 16 teams.

2 WRs, 1 TE and W/T flex looks good though.

Capture.JPG

Last bit of spam from me...

Draft has been set for 21:15 on Monday 07/09

The draft order is not set yet, everyone happy to use last seasons rankings?

Edited by Tubby

Sorry guys, i'm getting to all this a bit late!

18 hours ago, Tubby said:

@kkr

Can you confirm that the divisions are conferences and not that one division sits below the other?

What format was agreed for the playoffs?  Top 4 teams in each division face off against each other then a 'superbowl'?

As it stands yes, but if we want to do promotion or relegation then it will need another league to be set up. 

As time is running out to get a consensus and agreement on how divisions would work, i suggest we stick to one league this season with reduced roster sizes.

One RB slot and a WR/TE flex.  I'll cut the bench size down to 2 or 3 to allow for a bit more availability on the waiver wire throughout the season.  Everyone ok with this approach?

Edited by kkr
  • Like 1

If your league uses divisions you can choose how teams are seeded for the playoffs using these three options:

• Division winners advance and are assigned top seeds: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs as the top seeds and the overall top division winner will be the #1 seed. All other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.
  • Division winners advance but are seeded according to overall standings: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs and all other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings. Playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.
  • All teams seeded according to overall standings: All playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

If your league does not use divisions teams will be seeded according to overall standings

Playoff options as follows @Tubby i'm happy with any approach.  Perhaps the second option would be best?

On 30/08/2020 at 11:22, Milfner said:

I’m gonna drop out for this year, got two other leagues that are paid in so need to concentrate on those more!

No worries dude, what was your team name again?

14 minutes ago, zak said:

Can the flex include RB aswell as WR/TE. Seems crazy to only have 1 RB able to play

I was going to put RB in the flex but changed my mind.  I've dropped the bench to no IR and only 2 subs though, so i guess a WR/TE/RB flex might work if everyone is ok with that?

Â