NFL Fantasy Football 2020???

maqroll

I've expanded the league to 18 and set up two divisions, but we might need to reduce the roster sizes if we have more players in.  Maybe drop one of the RB slots and change the W/T flex to W/RB/T?  Then trim the bench down too?

Currently: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, DEF, W/T,  K, BNx5, IR

There are a couple of options for playoffs also:

If your league uses divisions you can choose how teams are seeded for the playoffs using these three options:

• Division winners advance and are assigned top seeds: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs as the top seeds and the overall top division winner will be the #1 seed. All other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.
  • Division winners advance but are seeded according to overall standings: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs and all other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings. Playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.
  • All teams seeded according to overall standings: All playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

If your league does not use divisions teams will be seeded according to overall standings

Any preference?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kkr said:

I've expanded the league to 18 and set up two divisions, but we might need to reduce the roster sizes if we have more players in.  Maybe drop one of the RB slots and change the W/T flex to W/RB/T?  Then trim the bench down too?

Any preference?

Nope. Whatever you feel will work best is OK with me

On 12/08/2020 at 15:14, kkr said:

Any preference?

So.... We still only have access to unique players i.e. a team from each division cannot both draft the same player?

Spreading the wealth was meant to be the purpose of divisions I thought but if it can't be done then yes, reducing roster size is a must.  Single RB, not sure including RB in flex would be good for fairness so I'd encourage only W/T there.

Personally I like the idea that division rankings would lead to playoffs regardless of overall position, just like conferences in the real NFL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tubby said:

So.... We still only have access to unique players i.e. a team from each division cannot both draft the same player?

Spreading the wealth was meant to be the purpose of divisions I thought but if it can't be done then yes, reducing roster size is a must.  Single RB, not sure including RB in flex would be good for fairness so I'd encourage only W/T there.

Personally I like the idea that division rankings would lead to playoffs regardless of overall position, just like conferences in the real NFL

That is correct, unless we run two separate leagues then the divisions will just split teams in two, but with all managers drafting and recruiting from one player pool.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kkr said:

That is correct, unless we run two separate leagues then the divisions will just split teams in two, but with all managers drafting and recruiting from one player pool.

Hang on a bit...

Two leagues or divisions but only one draft?

I thought the whole point of two leagues  was we could all get a decent team and not have to wait an eternity for your pick.

If we have two leagues and one draft that'll be no better than having a 14 team league.

In fact with two 9 team leagues it'll be worse.

38 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Hang on a bit...

Two leagues or divisions but only one draft?

I thought the whole point of two leagues  was we could all get a decent team and not have to wait an eternity for your pick.

If we have two leagues and one draft that'll be no better than having a 14 team league.

In fact with two 9 team leagues it'll be worse.

Yes, the divisions work like they do in the NFL rather than being able to set them up for promotion/relegation and separate player pools etc.  So the only option is starting a new league and tracking the promotion and relegation manually.

25 minutes ago, kkr said:

Yes, the divisions work like they do in the NFL rather than being able to set them up for promotion/relegation and separate player pools etc.  So the only option is starting a new league and tracking the promotion and relegation manually.

Ugh.

Oh well, I'll have to go with the majority, but I can't see this being much better.

8 minutes ago, kkr said:

Two separate leagues with separate drafts, player pools etc.  We will need to put some rules in around promotion and relegation etc.

Definitely this.

Well & truly on the fence. 

So long as we have the ability to interact as two leagues and people are willing to handle the admin of coordinating two leagues then that option.  However...

I would miss not all being in the same league and the idea of possible playoff randomness intrigues me, so this makes the two divisions an option too.

Arrgh! 🙄

Edited by Tubby

Â