Ugliest Rock/Pop/Music band

rjw63

53 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I have questions 

They are all from the same genre of Swedish music and the bands are usually named after one or more members in the band.

They also like to throw in a Z instead of a S as to make the name more "fancy"

It still exist to this day but is mostly popular in small cities out in the sticks. 

Here is a contemporary one called Lasse Stefanz (note the Z at the end)

Lasse Stefanz i 2018 års tappning. Från vänster Gunnar Nilsson, Henric Svensson, Olle Jönsson, Jonas Rignell, Christer Ericsson, Anders Dahlgren och Ola Olsson.

• Like 1

first time I've ventured into this thread, out of the people/bands featured, I have listened to the following today:

The Who
The Clash
Paul weller/The Jam
Rolling stones/The Faces
Slade
Oasis
The Fall

All of whom feature in this thread, and there is no doubt that once a few more stellas and scrumpy jacks have gone down Queen will almost definitely be played.

Either I'm attracted to ugly musicians or ugly musicians make music I can relate to (most likely stemming from being ugly)

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Or try searching dansband skivomslag (dansband album covers in Swedish)

Confession time! Once a year I listen to one of them. It's beyond crap and should be destroyed for the sake of humanity. But the tradition is strong with this one...

God Jul önskar Samuelssons by Samuelsons on Spotify

It's on spotify, I dare you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Confession time! Once a year I listen to one of them. It's beyond crap and should be destroyed for the sake of humanity. But the tradition is strong with this one...

God Jul önskar Samuelssons by Samuelsons on Spotify

It's on spotify, I dare you!

Christmas albums get an amnesty. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The odd band aside, most bands don't have a full line ups of lookers. As much as I love them, I always considered Pixies as being an odd looking bunch. 

Edit: Although I did/do have a bit of a crush on Kim Deal.

Edited by dAVe80

28 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The odd band aside, most bands don't have a full line ups of lookers. As much as I love them, I always considered Pixies as being an odd looking bunch. 

Edit: Although I did/do have a bit of a crush on Kim Deal.

Redeemed with the last line. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I don't know whether it's fair to nominate the Verve, but it's definitely fair to say that Richard Ashcroft in his prime was an especially ugly bloke. Fell off the top of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I don't know whether it's fair to nominate the Verve, but it's definitely fair to say that Richard Ashcroft in his prime was an especially ugly bloke. Fell off the top of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Not a patch on Happy Mondays, who all looked like smackheads when they were clean pre-fame

I’ve seen a clip of Springsteen saying that one of the many things he loved about The Animals was that there wasn’t a single good looking member in the band which in turn made him feel he could look the part.

They’re not a contender for the ugliest band, but there’s an argument for them being among the most average looking.

918B26FC-6122-446B-9415-7D1F5B8F2217.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’d already won this thread several pages ago.

But here’s one for the victory lap.

A-309282-1406569530-4572.jpeg.jpg

Couldn’t tell which of these was closest to an average height (although I kinda guessed probably not the far left fella), so googled Dury’s height for a reference point. Didn’t know he was 5’3”.

I wanted to suggest Bad Manners mainly because of Buster, but having looked at the individual members they’re not as post worthy as I’d thought.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Couldn’t tell which of these was closest to an average height (although I kinda guessed probably not the far left fella), so googled Dury’s height for a reference point. Didn’t know he was 5’3”.

I wanted to suggest Bad Manners mainly because of Buster, but having looked at the individual members they’re not as post worthy as I’d thought.

Bass player was 4’ and the drummer is on crutches and couldn’t use the pedals, lead singer had polio.

What’s not to like?

Â