Full 90 Friday

sir_gary_cahill

They should do all of the games from last season's 10 game winning streak. That would bring the feel good factor back.

As another poster said, no-one wants to see Carew score knowing that we blew it in the end. To be honest I don't want to be reminded of Lerner and MON - pair of clowns who nearly destroyed the club, and as for the crook Lerner sold to.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Our play off semi final second leg against WBA will be shown on villatv at 8pm this evening

Bit of an odd one, yes the penalties were good but it was a pretty nervy and uninspiring performance for the other 120 minutes. Really didn't create much apart from an Adomah shot that was saved late on.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bit of an odd one, yes the penalties were good but it was a pretty nervy and uninspiring performance for the other 120 minutes. Really didn't create much apart from an Adomah shot that was saved late on.

Very nerve-wracking game. Hate when we play at the Hawthornes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I'm enjoying it.

Jedi coming on with 15 seconds left. Genius management :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm enjoying it.

Jedi coming on with 15 seconds left. Genius management :)

I remember that! Thinking we weren't going to put him on even though he had a fantastic penalty scoring record for Australia!

Was crucial in the end given WBA were catching up after they missed the first two. Tammy one only just trickled in.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Very nerve-wracking game. Hate when we play at the Hawthornes.

In the 00s we never used to lose there or at Molineux. All gone wrong in last decade whereas it never feels in any danger we're going to lose at the Sty.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think you are correct, we were lucky to get through in the end. I couldn’t get it to work last night, could anyone else?

• Like 1

Just reminded me we were lucky to get past WBA.Their team was effectively a premier league team that finished 10th the  year before.

I think a combination of Gayle  and Brunt getting sent off and sacking their manager and not replacing him  really helped us.When you think about it Leeds getting knocked out was also lucky for us maybe we are paying for that luck this season.

I thought Steers penalty saves were fantastic especially the second one.

Jedinak stare unforgettable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Steer absolutely intimidated Holgate in the walk up to his penalty, probably a more unforgettable stare

then also this classic image

Watch hilarious moment Aston Villa ace Jonathan Kodjia 'dabs ... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They ran out of penalty takers when you think Gayle would've taken one for sure and also Brunt and Rodriguez. Gareth Barry was injured for both games.

Steer still had to save them of course and he did very well but it was pretty much all defenders while we had our big hitters still on the pitch, indeed Kodjia didn't even take one for some reason.

Edit; I can't even remember even what that caretaker guy was called, find it odd Darren Moore didn't get the chance in the play offs.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I remember that! Thinking we weren't going to put him on even though he had a fantastic penalty scoring record for Australia!

Was crucial in the end given WBA were catching up after they missed the first two. Tammy one only just trickled in.

I watched it last night, the penalties were really enjoyable and much less nerve-wracking than at the time, knowing that we won them! :) With Tammy's I can hear two 'whacks' in quick succession... The second is from the ball hitting the back of the net (either, er, that stick thing at the side or maybe a microphone), which we can hear with some of the other penalties. But I think the first whack must have been from the ball hitting one of Johnstone's boots before deflecting into the corner!? Yikes. :s "Like, that was close Scoobs!" 😵

2 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

Just reminded me we were lucky to get past WBA.Their team was effectively a premier league team that finished 10th the  year before.

I think a combination of Gayle  and Brunt getting sent off and sacking their manager and not replacing him  really helped us.When you think about it Leeds getting knocked out was also lucky for us maybe we are paying for that luck this season.

Yes, but who was he staring at?! At first I thought he was staring at the Villa fans, which is surprising and I wondered why. But is he actually staring at Sam Johnstone? That would make more sense. Johnstone didn't stare at him or anything before the penalty but maybe Jedinak was just trying to make him a bit unsettled for the rest of the shootout?

Edited by robby b

3 minutes ago, robby b said:

Yes, but who was he staring at?! At first I thought he was staring at the Villa fans, which is surprising and I wondered why. But is he actually staring at Sam Johnstone? That would make more sense. Johnstone didn't stare.at.him or anything before the penalty but maybe Jedinak was just trying to make him a bit unsettled for the rest of the shootout?

He was looking at us to keep up the noise.

Can see it better here from 2:00.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was looking at us to keep up the noise.

Can see it better here from 2:00.

Ah, I see! Thanks. I hadn't thought of that. That makes sense. It was a real Paddington hard stare.

I watched that a few months back again. Was reasonably cat and mouse for the first 40 minutes but you never got the feeling we were in any danger of losing unlike Fulham.

Mind you those last 10 minutes after Mings went off injured and Derby had plenty of corners were pretty nerve shredding.

Â