Full 90 Friday

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The money they make from youtube is so nominal they're trying to bring all their content in house to sell their own adverts. Or throw in the ads with main sponsor packages.

Putting their foot in it not having more on youtube though, that's the gateway.

I do wonder who directs our social media sometimes. Just had a look at Manchester clubs YTs : Man. city put up extended highlights of many of their games in 11-12 season. Man. United put up full match of their 2016 cup semi final v Everton and also 99 cup semi final v Arsenal so just seems an obvious thing to do.

It would be great if say they put up full 90 or extended highlights of Everton game earlier this season or Leicester more recently in the cup but assume they don't have the rights to do that.

Edited by VillaChris

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I do wonder who directs our social media sometimes. 

I thought this when I saw ‘goal of the day’ on Instagram either earlier or yesterday. It was Carew putting us 2-0 up late on in that game against Stoke that we went on to draw 2-2 and was pretty much the beginning of the end. As good as the finish was, who wants to remember that day?! Especially with the commentary along the lines of ‘Carew seals it for villa’!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

That was enjoying viewing, did anyone else manage to watch it?

I watched it, nice to have a break from Covid-19 and take in a football match albeit an old match, but an entertaining one at that.

Enjoyed it, especially watching the likes of Milner, Young and Petrov again, who were all great players in their own way. 

Shame we were robbed in the final 😒

• Like 1

Would love to see full 90 minutes of our 1-0 win at Old Trafford in December 2009. Hardly any long highlights of it online anywhere so I'd sign up for that game. Was a very tense last 20 minutes watching that considering our awful record v them.

Would be nice to have a 90s or 80s game in there aswell, our 1-0 win over Liverpool in March 1997 is another that has next to no highlights on YT bar the goal.

I enjoyed watching our 5-0 wimbledon in December 1996 recently.

Edited by VillaChris

That was one crazy, unforgettable night at Villa Park. Granted in terms of quality there have been better matches but for sheer entertainment the Blackburn game is right there  at the top.

We did the easy part in getting a 1-0 at Ewood Park.  A packed VIlla Park, surely a formality in getting to Wembley? Er no we were 2 down after about 25 minutes.  I thought we had blown it but we get a goal bacl quickly.  The sending off by Samba was a game changer, who knew that we would briefly join us later on under Bruce. We get it to 5-2 surely now game over even Heskey has scored. Er no we then let in two more but then super Ash finally kills the game at the end. Phew.

Queue mass pitch invasion, our first Wembley final for 10  years, and now its 10 years since this game. Where does the time go?

I hope they don't kill the League Cup  off when football restarts as this has given us a lot of pleasure (Leicester this year) but also some pain (Bradford).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

At 12.30pm today, the first leg of last season’s play off semi final first leg at home against WBA will be shown on our official website

That'll be good to watch, I was in a bar in greece good times. Nice break from the shit storm we are all living now.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That'll be good to watch, I was in a bar in greece good times. Nice break from the shit storm we are all living now.

Weren’t you affected by the CoronaVirus over there?

• Confused 1

The semi final first leg was the only home game I didn't get to last season. I watched it on my laptop in my hotel room in Florida at 7:30am. Even there, the atmosphere gave me goosebumps. Wish I could have been there for it.

• Like 1

Steer made an amazing save early on in that one.

From memory we didn't play that well so actually taking a lead into second leg was huge. They parked the bus after they went 1 up and we really struggled to create much until we scored. Interested if that's the impression from those that watch it.

Gayle getting sent off right at the end was also huge for the tie, always seems to score past us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Steer made an amazing save early on in that one.

From memory we didn't play that well so actually taking a lead into second leg was huge. They parked the bus after they went 1 up and we really struggled to create much until we scored. Interested if that's the impression from those that watch it.

Gayle getting sent off right at the end was also huge for the tie, always seems to score past us.

Almost half time now. We started really lively and were on top then the goal came from nothing (Steer's save was incredible too). They've had 11 men behind the ball, virtually on the edge of their area since the goal. We were a bit flat after the goal but you could still sense that they weren't going to keep us out for the full 90. Also, Dwight Gayle is a prick.

Thought Full 90 Friday was on at 3pm as with recent weeks, sadly I missed it and Villa TV (the worst website on the internet) doesn't have it available to watch again.

Why can't we use our Youtube channel as every other club does. We really do work hard on alienating fans at every opportunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Thought Full 90 Friday was on at 3pm as with recent weeks, sadly I missed it and Villa TV (the worst website on the internet) doesn't have it available to watch again.

Why can't we use our Youtube channel as every other club does. We really do work hard on alienating fans at every opportunity.

They decided to start today's and the next two weeks at the time of kick off on the day. So next week will be 8pm. Every one so far you've been able to pause and rewind, however today's you couldn't rewind it, which was a bit odd. I've just checked now and it is on Villa TV now to re-watch if you want.

• Thanks 1

Â