Full 90 Friday

sir_gary_cahill

A heads up here, at 3pm on Friday 3 April (today) full 90 Friday will be available on our official website. They are showing our famous 3-1 away victory against Liverpool at Anfield on 15 December 2012. Christian Benteke scored twice for us, Andreas Weimann got the other

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good stuff. Will be tuning in.

Should be more full games of good wins and performances on the YT channel but guess premier league regulations prevent that. Would happily watch full games of wins v Everton and Newcastle again if they were available and even the 2-2 draw at Man. United.

I follow Real Sociedad and they put up full 90 minutes of their two wins v Real Madrid last season on their channel yesterday.

I've just seen a screenshot of our starting 11 from that day, it's truly hideous.

How we played as well as we did I'll never know, I'd expect our current bunch of misfits to thrash that team.

• Like 1

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Downing, Lucas (Henderson 60), Allen, Sterling, Shelvey (Cole 46), Suarez,

Subs not used: Jones, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Suso

Booked: Suarez

Goal: Gerrard 87

Aston Villa: Guzan, Clark, Lichaj, Baker, Lowton, Westwood, Bannan (El Ahmadi 85), Herd, Holman (Delph 69), Benteke, Weimann (N'Zogbia 90)

Subs not used: Given, Bennett, Albrighton, Bowery

Booked: Lowton, Benteke

Seriously how good was Benteke, that is probably one of the worst Villa teams to play a Premier League game. That season he was genuinely unplayable. I know he isnt the same player since but he was absolute awesome that season. Only Saunders, Yorke or Tammy have been near that level as a striker

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

That team stayed up, the currrent one was going down before the coronavirus so not really sure player for player it is better 

I think it is a better team that we have now, it has cost a lot more to assemble and it is full of internationals both full and underage, that’s not to say that the 2012/13 team didn’t. The 2012/13 cost peanuts in comparison to the team that we have now

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

That team stayed up, the currrent one was going down before the coronavirus so not really sure player for player it is better 

The also had less points at this stage of the season 🙄

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it is a better team that we have now, it has cost a lot more to assemble and it is full of internationals both full and underage, that’s not to say that the 2012/13 team didn’t. The 2012/13 cost peanuts in comparison to the team that we have now

Yes but I think those players had a bit more character than many of the current ones who just seem to have thrown in the towel 

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but I think those players had a bit more character than many of the current ones who just seem to have thrown in the towel 

There is no reason to throw in the towel, we are only 2 points from safety with a game in hand. We are not cut adrift

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I've just seen a screenshot of our starting 11 from that day, it's truly hideous.

How we played as well as we did I'll never know, I'd expect our current bunch of misfits to thrash that team.

Couldn't believe how bad the back 5 was (although Guzan was brilliant that season). Mad we nearly kept a clean sheet v Suarez and Gerrard. Liverpool did batter us for first 20 minutes. Just shows the importance of keeping it 0-0 sometimes and then pinching a goal v run of play.

• Like 1

Is there a way to watch Villa TV on the err... TV without hooking my laptop up to it? Got a firestick plugged in. 

Konsa vs Jota is on the agenda today. Wish they'd just put it on YouTube or Twitch as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed that, I think the game has changed a lot since then. On reflection, I’d say that Jack Grealish would get in that team, he probably is the best player to ever play for the club. We were very reliant on pace from mainly Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor back then, Martin Laursen was fantastic in the air, he was a brute (in a nice way). Gareth Barry dictated the play from midfield and his partner Petrov complimented him very well. John Carew was a threat in the air and on the deck. We had a bit of a swagger about us back then, MON built that side, it should’ve gone on to do better than it did but it didn’t 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â