Worst Villa player in the last 10 years?

sne

Two horse race - Lescott, McCormack.

Lescott, utterly, utterly awful on the pitch, contributing to one of the worst seasons in our history, and of the pitch seemingly a complete prick - remember the car picture? word removed.

McCormack, for where we were at that time came with a big fee, big wages, and then was completely useless on the pitch and off the pitch had dreadful attitude and his personal life was a catastrophic mess by all accounts. I said when we signed him that we'd look back on that signing with regret, and I wasn't wrong. Awful signing. Scott Hogan is lucky he's seemingly not a clearing in the woods...

I don't think I can call it. A Representative for Wellingborough who stank the pitch out in one of our worst ever seasons, or a drunk on a chunky wage with a hefty fee for where we were who rewarded our idiocy with pure rot? Whoever wins, we lose. And lost.

Over and over.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think we’d struggle to get a top 10

I will give it a go, it wont be pretty and was certanily not easy since we were practically shit from 2011-2019. Robbie Keane, Walker and Milner played less that 6 months each in the decade and nearly got in

1. Benteke

2. Grealish

3. Ashley Young

4. Abraham

5. Downing :puke:

6. McGinn

7. Vlaar

8. Albrighton

9.Bent

10. Jed Steer/Mings combined just for contribution to promotion

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I will give it a go, it wont be pretty and was certanily not easy since we were practically shit from 2011-2019. Robbie Keane, Walker and Milner played less that 6 months each in the decade and nearly got in

1. Benteke

2. Grealish

3. Ashley Young

4. Abraham

6. McGinn

7. Vlaar

8. Albrighton

9.Bent

I’d probably change chester for vlaar, but it just shows how bad we have been. When you think how hard it would be to do for the previous decades 

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d probably change chester for vlaar, but it just shows how bad we have been. When you think how hard it would be to do for the previous decades 

after the top 4 on my list, not many stand out players so you could have chopped and changed a few of the other positions

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

1. Benteke

2. Grealish

3. Ashley Young

4. Abraham

6. McGinn

7. Vlaar

8. Albrighton

9.Bent

I know he went to pot, and people will remember him for his part in the relegation season, but Brad Guzan was excellent for a couple of seasons. 

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

1. Benteke

2. Grealish

3. Ashley Young

4. Abraham

6. McGinn

7. Vlaar

8. Albrighton

9.Bent

Good picks. Maybe the only one I would change, which would be controversial being as how he left the club. Delph for bent. Thought he was one of the standout players during troubled times. Made the team tick.

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

Vlaar was in the World Cup best team  when Holland got to the World Cup semis. Think he was a really good player 

I thought he was average at the time, the best of a bad bunch but in hindsight along with Delph and Benteke, maybe on par with both of them as losses. It was the beginning of the end.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I thought he was average at the time, the best of a bad bunch but in hindsight along with Delph and Benteke, maybe on par with both of them as losses. It was the beginning of the end.

Vlaar and Collins were probably similar level and solid enough without being brilliant. Clark and Okore looked OK at times next to Vlaar

Downgrade from Vlaar to Richards and Lescott was a huge drop

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Vlaar and Collins were probably similar level and solid enough without being brilliant. Clark and Okore looked OK at times next to Vlaar

Downgrade from Vlaar to Richards and Lescott was a huge drop

I think if you put van dyke next to Clark or Baker at that time he would look average. 

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok he was loads better than Collins though 

Vlaar better on the ball, Collins much better in the air. Both were not good enough for a top 6 team 

• Like 1

clark has the same shite bad habit that hause seems to have, ball at his feet, in absolute acres, no movement from the midfield in front of him, launch it....

the crazy thing was how many time clark sliced it out for a throw in

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Vlaar better on the ball, Collins much better in the air. Both were not good enough for a top 6 team 

Good enough to be in a world 11 though. Probably not good enough for a Liverpool or Man City but even if hadn’t have joined villa I could easily have seen him in a top 6 side

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Good enough to be in a world 11 though. Probably not good enough for a Liverpool or Man City but even if hadn’t have joined villa I could easily have seen him in a top 6 side

He never made a World 11 though, he didnt make any of the official 2014 team of the tournaments

Â