Worst Villa player in the last 10 years?

sne

I feel I came up with the best ways of categorising these jokers already:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/19633-alternative-team-of-the-decade/?do=findComment&comment=2813190

Worst Value:

----------------------------Kalinic------------------------

---Beye----De Laet----Bedeau--Cissokho--

--N'Zogbia-Tshibola-Makoun--Tonev-----

------------------McCormack--Hogan-----------

Worst Footballers:

--------------------------Kalinic-------------------------------------

--Richards--Crespo--Illori--Lescott--Richardson--

--------------Bacuna----Tshibola---Tonev-----------------

--------------------Helenius-----Bowery----------------------

Worst People:

---------------------------Guzan------------------------------------

-----Bacuna-----Collins-----Lescott--Richardson--

---N'Zogbia----Tonev------Delph--------Sinclair------

---------------McCormack-----Gabby-----------------------

• Like 3

Bradley and Ireland shouldn't be on this, and Neil Taylor deserves to be. Has to be between him and Keiran Richardson for me, both made me struggle to believe they're professional footballers.

Tonev should probably win it, but his appearances were too fleeting, I feel like he was a myth :lol:

I think habib beye is actually a key part to our decline, he is where MON lost the plot 

Didn't cost that much if I remember (£2.5m maybe) but rumoured £60k a week wages, I liked luke young and can't really remember why he fell out of favour apart from maybe injuries but what I do remember is MON being a stubborn **** and playing half the midfield at RB rather than the guy who was one of the highest paid players at the club

He was the beginning of the end - see also Steve Sidwell but I think beye was worse 

I actually also think pre Smith elmo was **** garbage, proper aimless long ball up the line in to space for someone to chase dog shit Steve Bruce player

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Stephen Ireland won our fans’ player of the season let’s not forget. I mean he was **** shit, but I don’t think he was shit enough to be on this list. 

I still maintain he was actually good that season. Only player trying to play football, along with Robbie Keane briefly. Their combination at times was the only watchable portion of the McLeish year. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In terms of ability...so much shite, yet Bennett is the one I remember the best. Sometimes I wondered how the hell he could be a professional footballer. 

In terms of being a massive penis as well, Lescott hands down. 

Okore, Sylla should probably mentioned as well. Edit: Sorry just saw Sylla was there. Difficult to filter all the crap at once. 

Sylla was ok in his first season. He contributed a lot in our run 2012-13. There are much worse players than him.

Some players had a good season or half atleast. But other never.

If we put attitude in the equation things would be a bit different.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I never thought Kieran Richardson was that bad. Ok he wasn't great but he did play for Man U and England.  He did clear one off the line  V Liverpool at Wembley in 2015 which was basically Villa's best game from about 2011 to 2017.

I didn't think he was that bad I just thought he was past it and declining and never going to take us forward

He goes in to the sign on our decline box for me, he was one of a few that suggested we were desperately trying to keep our heads above water 

He was a depressing signing because he signalled exactly where and what we were as a club

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think habib beye is actually a key part to our decline, he is where MON lost the plot 

Didn't cost that much if I remember (£2.5m maybe) but rumoured £60k a week wages, I liked luke young and can't really remember why he fell out of favour apart from maybe injuries but what I do remember is MON being a stubborn **** and playing half the midfield at RB rather than the guy who was one of the highest paid players at the club

He was the beginning of the end - see also Steve Sidwell but I think beye was worse 

I actually also think pre Smith elmo was **** garbage, proper aimless long ball up the line in to space for someone to chase dog shit Steve Bruce player

All the midfielders were at RB as Luke Young was at left back at the time! Actually that's another contender for this, Shorey who I thought was hopeless considering he came with a decent reputation when we signed him.

All opponents had to do was ping a crossfield diagonal towards him and he was awful at defending it.

Beye was actually a pretty good full back at Newcastle, knew a few at Uni at the time and they all thought he'd be great for us but he didn't have a good debut, quickly fell out of favour and another who was an expensive bench player and lost his motivation.

• Like 1

Beye and Shorey in fairness were before the 10 years that was in the title but both were extremely shit ;)

Beye did have a cracking game vs Spurs and think was Bale or Lennon he kept quiet

Edited by Zatman

Anyone remember Djemba Djemba?

In my foggy memory he was total crap.

I do think there is room for a thread on our worst footballer but who went on the play very well for another team   for example Peter Crouch,Westwood and even Joe Bennett

Edited by Londonastonvilla

Lescott ranks very high up for all the above reasons.

Tonev deserves a big shout for his sheer lack of footballing ability (all he could do was shoot from distance) and also being a big racist.

Okore was considered a raw talent but had terrible decision making and the turning ability of a tractor.

Heskey, probably because he speaks to the worst elements of the MON era. We needed a goalscorer to secure 4th place, and he managed just 2 goals in that crucial run. I understand why he was signed but it was just utterly the wrong move. Also, 50k a week on a 3-year-long contract for a 31-year-old well out to pasture. Classic MON. I'll never forget it.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Tonev deserves a big shout for his sheer lack of footballing ability (all he could do was shoot from distance) and also being a big racist.

Could he though? I remember a game on TV where he took about 8 shots and the only target he got near was the pigeons

16 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I never thought Kieran Richardson was that bad. Ok he wasn't great but he did play for Man U and England.  He did clear one off the line  V Liverpool at Wembley in 2015 which was basically Villa's best game from about 2011 to 2017.

Yes I think so too and he was asked to play left back which wasn’t his natural position. Bacuna I wouldn’t have on the list either. He was cheap and scored a few useful goals. Ireland was the makeweight in the Milner deal, that was the problem for me. We virtually gave Man City a great player who is still performing wonders at Liverpool. 

Â