Microsoft Teams

KenjiOgiwara

I KNOW Microsoft, their OS or their products isn't seen upon as quality by the techies on here. But after becoming more comfortable with Microsoft Teams, I think it's pretty decent.

What do anyone else think of it?

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Pretty good so far.

It slows down my remote desktop window a lot when using it for video chats with several cameras showing, but I have been sat as far from the modem in our house as possible.

Unless they've done something amazingly dumb, the number of streams on screen should not affect your other connections.

38 minutes ago, limpid said:

Unless they've done something amazingly dumb, the number of streams on screen should not affect your other connections.

I guess it's just my WiFi being dodgy where I was set up then. I find it a bit weird video calling on these chats anyway, although I do it just to show I'm not staying in bed all day!

Maybe a niche question, but is anyone else looking at teaching online for a term soon? And if so, have you found an online training for Teams that you found useful? There seem to be a lot out there, but if anyone has any recommendations I'd be very interested. Most of my colleagues seem to be planning to teach through our VLE and Zoom, but Teams seems to contain Zoom as an app, plus have a lot of additional functionality, so I'm more optimistic about Teams, but it seems so big I don't know where to start.

we use it too, its replaced skype, its not perfect* but the ability to simultaneously work on an excel spreadsheet is a god send and makes it all worthwhile

* screen sharing during calls is the biggest problem we have, it has a mind of its own 

Â