Loungewear Of The Apocalypse

Xann

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Domestic Mardi Gras Pride theme today.

49696927007_598bcd563e_w.jpg

We’ll have a march up to the greenhouse and back at about 1:00pm with pumping 80’s Hi NRG disco. If anyone’s interested.

Pretty sure I have that exact same shirt somewhere

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Pretty sure I have that exact same shirt somewhere

M&S from a few years back.

One of their range where they put random size labels inside just to keep you on your toes. I love M&S, I go in there about two or three times a year, look around and every single other customer is some old boy with trousers up around his waist, being dressed by his wife. Then I look at the clothes, and they are mostly jazzy slim fit shirts and skinny jeans, all on the sale rack, line after line of sales racks, hundreds and hundreds of neon pink slim fit t shirts that for some reason, Captain Mainwaring over there refuses to buy. Even at the knock down price of £11 for a single tee.

How they are still trading I will never know.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

M&S from a few years back.

One of their range where they put random size labels inside just to keep you on your toes. I love M&S, I go in there about two or three times a year, look around and every single other customer is some old boy with trousers up around his waist, being dressed by his wife. Then I look at the clothes, and they are mostly jazzy slim fit shirts and skinny jeans, all on the sale rack, line after line of sales racks, hundreds and hundreds of neon pink slim fit t shirts that for some reason, Captain Mainwaring over there refuses to buy. Even at the knock down price of £11 for a single tee.

How they are still trading I will never know.

Yup, deffo the same one and I'd say a good 50% of my entire wardrobe is M & S

Today, however I'm rocking a pair of Adidas cotton shorts, a blue T, my Sydney Bridge climb hoodie and a pair of birkenstocks

And yes, most of what they sell I would never wear, then they do something daft, which most people won't wear but I think is great and I pick it up in the sale in a size capable of sleeping 6

When I was a skinny indie kid in the 80s I would only buy my cardigans from M&S. Cost me a fortune back then and the elbows lasted an afternoon but always had to be from Marks and Spencers. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

When I was a skinny indie kid in the 80s I would only buy my cardigans from M&S. Cost me a fortune back then and the elbows lasted an afternoon but always had to be from Marks and Spencers. 

M&S have no logos on most of their stuff which is definite plus for me. In general their clothes do really last an eternity too, which is why I rarely go clothes shopping

• Like 1

Yep, lack of logo is a big thing.

People that pay extra to further promote someone else’s marketing campaign - weird.

(Having said that, back in the day I did used to buy Fiorucci jeans which cost a months wages and then cut the logos off, so only the people that recognised the stitching would know! Which was a thing for a short while. I have a dim memory of my mum going apeshit realising I’d spent all my money on jeans and then I’d taken scissors to them. I suspect I’d thought I was a casual)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, lack of logo is a big thing.

People that pay extra to further promote someone else’s marketing campaign - weird.

Appropriately enough my usual supplier of overpriced tshirts delivered my latest purchase half an hour ago:

loungewearoftheapocalypse.jpg

• Like 2

Slides, crew socks, sports shorts, t-shirt, hoodie and if I have to leave the house snapback. Ain't sh!t changed.

Imagine if I actually went into work at the psychiatric ward like that though. They probably wouldn't let me leave.

On that note, THANK YOU to whoever it was who posted the story of Olof (or whatever his name was), the Russian guy who took LSD whilst still at work which coincidentally that day was at a psychiatric ward, as he worked for a linen cleaning company or something, and who got himself locked in the building, and consequently there was a Russian who spoke little English tripping on LSD banging on the door to a psychiatric ward to let him out. Poor fella, great story.

On 26/03/2020 at 11:48, CardiffGreens said:

Appropriately enough my usual supplier of overpriced tshirts delivered my latest purchase half an hour ago:

loungewearoftheapocalypse.jpg

That is actually really clever, I like that. And I don't like T-shirts that say stuff.

On 26/03/2020 at 08:38, chrisp65 said:

People that pay extra to further promote someone else’s marketing campaign - weird

Ralph Lauren Sliders 

Y-3 socks 

Ralph Lauren shorts 

Calvin Klein Boxers 

CP Company Sweatshirt 

Hugo Boss shades 

I’m that guy 

3vklk1.jpg

• Haha 1

Yeesh, no, don’t get it at all.

Fair enough if something ‘happens’ to have a label on it, I’m fairly sure I’ve got some Pringle socks somewhere. But going out looking for branded gear? Not for me.

Although, to just contradict myself slightly...

49742182731_5f20cb3825_w.jpg

Today is a Spillers tee and some off brand sort of three quarter length sort of running sports trouser things.

• Like 1

Â