Your favourite Villa XI - in your lifetime

MaVilla

Just based purely on players that I idolised rather than any coherent system - 

Bosnich 

Solano - Mellberg - Laursen - Wright

Carbone - Ian Taylor - Merson - Grealish 

JPA - Milosevic 

The front 6 is basically a list of the players who I've had on the back of my shirts over the years - minus Dion !

On 22/03/2020 at 10:17, Dave-R said:

For me the 93-94 coca cola cup winning team.

Bosnich

Barret-Mcgrath-Teale-staunton

Atkinson-Richardson-Townsend-Daley

Fenton

Saunders

But I did love other players as well like: Ehiogu, Draper, Yorke, Milosovic, Barry, Milner, Taylor, Joachim, Tommy Johnson, Wright, Dublin, Merson, sure there is more just can't think at this moment.

I would say Southgate, but I wonder why no one ever really says him in threads like this, maybe it's because he's England manager and being a tool with our Jacky Boy has something to do with it lol.

Will never forgive Southgate for the way he left , club captain wanted to win things ended up at Boro!! At least Barry left to win things

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Will never forgive Southgate for the way he left , club captain wanted to win things ended up at Boro!! At least Barry left to win things

Lacked ambition but he won a trophy in fairness 

Rimmer, Gidman, Paul the Dub, Alun Evan's, Colin Gibson, Sid, Jack, Mortimer, Little, Gray, Walters. 

Aside from Jack, I haven't seen a more naturally skilled, player in Villa colours than Mark Walters, and just like Jack, he came through the ranks. Gidman was the best right back I've seen at Villa and we've had some good ens. He had this great step over that fooled many a player. All the rest speak for themselves. 

15 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Little turned him into a centre- half and he became an England regular, but he showed the club little gratitude and Villa fans don't forget. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna do the best players for Villa in each position, not "folk heroes" or personal favorites.

Bosnich

Delaney - Laursen - McGrath - Wright

Young - Grealish - Merson - Barry

Yorke - Benteke

Edited by R.Bear

On 22/03/2020 at 11:30, KenjiOgiwara said:

Guess I should say Bosnich, but can't remember much of him. Friedel/Schmeichel/Heaton maybe? No idea. 

Mellberg - Laursen - UDLC - Delaney-  Wright

Petrov - Milner - Merson 

Carew JPA

Honourable mentions to Grealish, Taylor and Bouma. 

Barry deserves no mention. 

A CB at RB, a RB at CB and De la Cruz was a completely useless waste of space. Once of our worst PL era players who played a significant amount of games.

Also I can only assume the people including Schmeichel are either too young to remember or are just picking him on reputation as he was utterly shite for us after the first 10 games, at fault for a stack of goals.

Edited by R.Bear

37 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

A CB at RB, a RB at CB and De la Cruz was a completely useless waste of space. Once of our worst PL era players who played a significant amount of games.

Also I can only assume the people including Schmeichel are either too young to remember or are just picking him on reputation as he was utterly shite for us after the first 10 games, at fault for a stack of goals.

Can only guess you never read what this thread is about. Read more, reply less. 

And it's pretty obvious I just listed the players, not put them at the right positions. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Bosnich

Delaney    Laursen  Mcgrath  Staunton

Barry   Platt

Young             Sid               Grealish

Yorke

20 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Nilis who played 3 games for us?

Well he is one of my all time favorite players so I'll cram him in there for sure even thou he only played 3 times for us.

26 minutes ago, sne said:

Well he is one of my all time favorite players so I'll cram him in there for sure even thou he only played 3 times for us.

Nilis, what a tragedy, firstly for him and secondly for us. At that time he could have changed how the next few seasons went for us.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Nilis, what a tragedy, firstly for him and secondly for us. At that time he could have changed how the next few seasons went for us.

He was 33 at the time he got injured so not sure how much legs he had left in the tank but any excuse to post this goal

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was 33 at the time he got injured so not sure how much legs he had left in the tank but any excuse to post this goal

YEah that goal as something else. Didn't remember him being 33 though!

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

YEah that goal as something else. Didn't remember him being 33 though!

Yeah I don’t get the Nilis love i mean good player but unfortunately no fault of his own hardly played a game. I remember how sad I was though with that break and my best mate at school was obsessed with the picture of his leg bent which made me feel sick. Also don’t get the love for Wilfed Bouma, again good player but horrible injury means he never hit very high heights with us 

On 22/03/2020 at 12:05, sne said:

It's pretty attacking :D 

Schmeichel

Mellberg   McGrath   Laursen

Milner   Platt   Grealish   A Young

Merson     Nilis

Yorke

Not sure I can improve on this for my selection. Would’ve loved to see more of Nilis than unfortunately what we got.  Merse I loved watching weekly.

Subs would include Bozzie, Barry and I was a big fan of Dean Saunders....Deano scores and we want some more....

• Like 1

Â