Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

I stayed out in the garden to see the ISS.  It was very clear and easy to spot. But even more impressive was watching the bats fly around and a owl which flew right over me twice.  It’s amazing that the owl and the bats were completely silent.  A really great night out. 

ps.........I caught one of the bats.  It looks very tasty.  Does anyone have any cooking suggestions?  I’m thinking rare.  

• Like 1

The ISS passover last night was one of the best so far. Very bright and slow moving,

Tonight will be good with clear skies and visibility and the brightness level is forecast as ''incredibly bright''. 

A good night lined up with the launch of Crew Dragon Spacecraft and then view it flying over the UK followed a little later with the ISS.

A warm clear night in the garden spaceship, satellite and star gazing.

• Like 1

Space X Dragon Crew launch aborted due to weather conditions. Gutted.

Now moved to Saturday with an earlier launch time of 20.22 UK time. I dont know if this will be visible in the UK at that earlier time and if the UK will have clear skies.

EZLj7J4XkAIo2wq?format=jpg&name=large

Not my photo.

49945948933_92198f020d_z.jpg

My photo!

ISS just passing the moon, up at between 11 if it were a clock sort of scenario.

Don’t know what camera phone the other guy has got but its better than mine.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2020 at 20:12, useless said:

Great film, went to see it in those old fangled cinemas witha Q&A with the directoor chaired by my mate Stewart. I'd even watch it again. There wasn't much in it I didn't know but very well put together

This is worth a listen a sort of Scouse Monkees Radio Show, with references to all kinds of popular culture

Fairly sure The Hawk is played by Will Sergeant and the whole thing is brought to you by those naughty scamps at Probe Records

(And was named a long time before the sad demise pf Michael Angelis this weekend)

Very amusing and recommended for those with an interst in music, there's 5 episodes so far with more planned. All to songs in each individual episode are also aailable as separate streams

https://www.michaelandtheangelos.com

I’d not seen the Trojan film before, yeah I thought it was quite good.

Bit worried at first that it looked like it would be all disjointed soft focus flashback, but either that got reigned in or I got used to it.

They didn’t exactly find too many females to contribute (2?), but I think that was symptomatic of the times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’d not seen the Trojan film before, yeah I thought it was quite good.

Bit worried at first that it looked like it would be all disjointed soft focus flashback, but either that got reigned in or I got used to it.

They didn’t exactly find too many females to contribute (2?), but I think that was symptomatic of the times.

Did you . . . did you watch a film? 😉

• Like 1

Just  your typical pestilence  walk where you come across Concorde. I knew there was one at the museum but didn’t know you could see it by walking along the river 

944A48A2-7B09-433B-8575-0503B1689B8D.jpeg

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just  your typical pestilence  walk where you come across Concorde. I knew there was one at the museum but didn’t know you could see it by walking along the river 

Ha, wow.

Y'know, at first glance I thought it was @StefanAVFC.

Well I'll be damned. 

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It’s a mad old thing that, I’ve had a rummage around one in a museum (Duxford) and it was like a miniature plane, everything including the seats appeared to be three quarter scale.

Long long ago when I was working on the GE aero engine facility they had a Concorde service complex. The whole site was forensically clean, with workers wearing white gowns and overshoes and all that. Lots of processes were automated.

Then you went through a door to Concorde and it was a bunch of old guys in cardigans with holes in the elbows and dirty boiler suits covered in oil and the place smelled like WD40 and people were smoking pipes and had the radio on!  

The actual engine test bed was something out of Flash Gordon, all 1920’s Art Deco styled Bakelite dials and chrome levers and great big analogue gauges. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a mad old thing that, I’ve had a rummage around one in a museum (Duxford) and it was like a miniature plane, everything including the seats appeared to be three quarter scale.

Long long ago when I was working on the GE aero engine facility they had a Concorde service complex. The whole site was forensically clean, with workers wearing white gowns and overshoes and all that. Lots of processes were automated.

Then you went through a door to Concorde and it was a bunch of old guys in cardigans with holes in the elbows and dirty boiler suits covered in oil and the place smelled like WD40 and people were smoking pipes and had the radio on!  

The actual engine test bed was something out of Flash Gordon, all 1920’s Art Deco styled Bakelite dials and chrome levers and great big analogue gauges. 

The Brooklands museum is a bit like that , here’s a plane that someone built in their back garden that we just upscaled the production on by making the garden shed bigger 

love that sort of thing , it’s one of the things that kinda pissed me off with the Tesla rocket and it’s blue touch screen and shiny glass building .. I wanted dials that looked like they were put together by MacGuyver  and a room with no windows full of people with slide rules all smoking 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

Â