Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

The weekend will drag the most. During the week I’ve got a routine going. Every other day I wake up, do an exercise video in my “commute time” and then start work. When I call anyone from work, I’m walking round the house to build my steps up. At lunch I’ll go for my daily walk/run (trying to do couch to 5k). I’ll then come back, have lunch and go back to work. Finish work and do another exercise class (stretches) in the commute time. The days I’m not doing an exercise class I’ll work a little later. Then a couple nights of the week I’ll have a FaceTime with my niece in America, (something that doesn’t normally happen as she at nursery and I’m driving home). Once that’s done it’ll be cool something for dinner. By the time I actually sit down to relax fully it’s about 7/30-8. I’ll watch a couple of hrs tv and then off to bed, a bit earlier than normal. However, weekend is going to be hard. Here I am at 7 and awake. Today is going to drag

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The weekend will drag the most. During the week I’ve got a routine going. Every other day I wake up, do an exercise video in my “commute time” and then start work. When I call anyone from work, I’m walking round the house to build my steps up. At lunch I’ll go for my daily walk/run (trying to do couch to 5k). I’ll then come back, have lunch and go back to work. Finish work and do another exercise class (stretches) in the commute time. The days I’m not doing an exercise class I’ll work a little later. Then a couple nights of the week I’ll have a FaceTime with my niece in America, (something that doesn’t normally happen as she at nursery and I’m driving home). Once that’s done it’ll be cool something for dinner. By the time I actually sit down to relax fully it’s about 7/30-8. I’ll watch a couple of hrs tv and then off to bed, a bit earlier than normal. However, weekend is going to be hard. Here I am at 7 and awake. Today is going to drag

Map out the next two days with activities.

Do you have a garden? Now is a good time to get in there and do some tidying up etc. Also keeps you active.

Do your 'outside exercise' that you are allowed. Map out a different route for Sat/Sun on google maps. Do a 1 or 2 hour walk.

Do some cooking. Pre prepare some meals you can put in the freezer.

Look on youtube for any live streaming events on any of your hobbies/interests

Binge on some great tv series. Look in the 'Anyone watching a good tv programme' thread, Film thread or 'documentaries you must watch thread'. Some great stuff out there.

Participate more than you would normally do in this forum.

Check out any other forums on your interests

And if you really get bored you can always think about starting to do Jobs around the house, get some paint from B&Q. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

Map out the next two days with activities.

Do you have a garden? Now is a good time to get in there and do some tidying up etc. Also keeps you active.

Do your 'outside exercise' that you are allowed. Map out a different route for Sat/Sun on google maps. Do a 1 or 2 hour walk.

Do some cooking. Pre prepare some meals you can put in the freezer.

Look on youtube for any live streaming events on any of your hobbies/interests

Binge on some great tv series. Look in the 'Anyone watching a good tv programme' thread, Film thread or 'documentaries you must watch thread'. Some great stuff out there.

Participate more than you would normally do in this forum.

Check out any other forums on your interests

And if you really get bored you can always think about starting to do Jobs around the house, get some paint from B&Q. 🙂

Come on now, he said he was bored not insane 😉

Seriously though, those are all good suggestions. You have to make the weekends different to the week or the days will just blur. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, sne said:

Hasbro has made all episodes of their 80's G.I Joe cartoon available in full on their Youtube channel.

It's absolutely god awful :D But it's nostalgia for those of us who grew up back when.

Just in case anyone thought this was a weird thing to do, Hasbro have a reason for it.

They're pushing G.I. Joe at the moment on a couple of fronts. Firstly they've got a new Snake Eyes movie coming out, which they want to be the thing that puts that property over on the film world. Secondly they've just launched a 6-inch G.I. Joe toy line, which a lot of people supposedly wanted, and then nobody was bothered. They've committed quite a lot to getting that figure line off the ground, not least of which because it's their property and they can take a greater cut than the equivalent Marvel figure, and the fact it hasn't generated any substantial interest will be terrifying them - so they've released the old kids show, which was only a thing in the US and only for a very specific demographic, hoping they can get kids interested.

• Like 1

I haven't read the thread at all, so this may well have already been said - but I'm really glad I'm into video games. At one time, as a school kid, I could genuinely have spent 12 hours a day gaming. I could maybe stomach half of that now, but I find that mixing up reading (Marvel's version of The Stand!), watching a little TV and a movie a day, and housework as well as a bit of gaming means each day feels varied enough so I don't feel bored, or like I'm going mad. 

The back garden is suffering for all the football me and the lad are playing on it, and no rain. Got the sprinkler on it this morning go try and spark it into life before it looks like Villa park in the 90’s

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The weekend will drag the most. During the week I’ve got a routine going. 

Yes, I can see that for those of you used to a Mon-Fri working week, it's a bit of a shock. Having been retired for six years, it's no big change for me and the wife. Admittedly we can't go anywhere beyond the supermarket or a local walk (we normally get out into the Dales a lot, or meet up with friends in the pub, etc.), and we don't have the grandchildren around, but otherwise it's not so different from our regular routine. She's got her gardening, I've got my music, we both read a lot, video links to the family, and there's plenty of good stuff to watch on streaming TV with a bottle of wine in the evening. It's not ideal,  and we are definitely worried about the kids (and the country in general), but we're doing OK. So far, anyway... 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What do you use for video links @mjmooney??

I was looking in to the Facebook camera stuff or similar, want one that I can hook up to my and my mom's tvs

Houseparty app, on phones and tablets. If you want to do it via laptops and TVs you might need a different strategy. 

My wife’s ended up working all weekend as two of her senior carers have both gone into 14 day isolation. So I’m home with the teenage kids, like every other day for the past four weeks. I’ve been out to Morrison’s, I’ve done all the washing and cleaning. Sorted out what my daughter’s cooking us for tea. 

Now I’m just sat down. In the red corner are four solar lights that need to be drilled and fitted in the garden. In the blue corner is a packet of McVities caramel digestives and Netflix. Decisions, decisions. 

22 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

My wife’s ended up working all weekend as two of her senior carers have both gone into 14 day isolation. So I’m home with the teenage kids, like every other day for the past four weeks. I’ve been out to Morrison’s, I’ve done all the washing and cleaning. Sorted out what my daughter’s cooking us for tea. 

Now I’m just sat down. In the red corner are four solar lights that need to be drilled and fitted in the garden. In the blue corner is a packet of McVities caramel digestives and Netflix. Decisions, decisions. 

Please confirm the result.

I had a fiver on the McVities and Netflix. Just want to know if i'm collecting or not?

:rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Please confirm the result.

I had a fiver on the McVities and Netflix. Just want to know if i'm collecting or not?

:rolleyes:

Ah, your doubt in me has cost you a fiver. I put the lights up and didn’t watch any TV. 

The biscuits did help me with the job though so I guess you can get paid out each way at 1/4 the odds 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Tour the world through the eyes of webcams. See how the lockdown is working in different places in the world.

Places with webcams are Rome, Milan, Madrid, Venice, Tenerife, Brighton, New York, Corfu, Jerusalem, Bruges, Las Vegas to name but a few. There are loads of different places.

Lots of tourist places to view. 

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam.html

On 04/04/2020 at 12:09, mjmooney said:

Houseparty app, on phones and tablets. If you want to do it via laptops and TVs you might need a different strategy. 

You can use Houseparty on computers too

• Like 1

Â