Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

Won the email pub quiz last night. We upgraded our team comms from text-based (WhatsApp) to video link (Houseparty). We all had beers, stayed on for a chat after the quiz finished, it was almost like being in the pub. Quite impressed by Houseparty, less laggy than Zoom, so we'll probably start using it for our family meetings. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Won the email pub quiz last night. We upgraded our team comms from text-based (WhatsApp) to video link (Houseparty). We all had beers, stayed on for a chat after the quiz finished, it was almost like being in the pub. Quite impressed by Houseparty, less laggy than Zoom, so we'll probably start using it for our family meetings. 

There's a lot of stories about Houseparty being used to hack into phones. Which is a shame because I agree I liked the app.

Don't know how true they are. But might be worth being careful.

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a lot of stories about Houseparty being used to hack into phones. Which is a shame because I agree I liked the app.

Don't know how true they are. But might be worth being careful.

I’d say there is a very good chance the passwords being stolen / hacked aren’t true 

the random people joining your chat thing can be fixed by hitting the padlock icon on the group chat once everyone is da house 

thing I find interesting is you can see who your friends are chatting to which is advice I need to pass onto my mate who is spending a lot of time chatting  to women who aren’t his girlfriend.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Started a thread in Other football :D  Not sure how to crown a "winner" thou

If its anything like the animal world cup, riddled with dodgy decisions. 

• Like 1

Â