Do you think we have sufficient money to spend?

Richard

Are there restrictions on MO'Ns funds for the summer?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Are there restrictions on MO'Ns funds for the summer?

• I believe the General - We will be able to compete for more expensive players
    • I don't believe we will be able to compete for expensive players

We're not going to bridge the gap to the top 4 this summer. From a squad of 16 to Top 4 in 1 transfer window realistically isn't going to happen.

The question is WHY do we only have a squad of 16, and it's not down to available cash, and the fact that we only have 16 puts us way beyond getting top 4 on the next 3 years! IMO obviously!

We're not going to bridge the gap to the top 4 this summer. From a squad of 16 to Top 4 in 1 transfer window realistically isn't going to happen.

the general said that but to catch uo would mean serious investment ( I mean £40m) this window, some further in the winter and same again the summer after, then we have a chance if of course the players are quality

I believe it is there and MON just hasn't got the players he wants yet and he won't pay over the odds either. I hope after all the years of Ellis that the conspiracy theorists are wrong.

well if they are not we have all brought ito the biggest con ever

There is no way more than one club is going to break into the top 4 over the next 2-3 years.

Therefore realistically you have us, Spurs, Everton, Man City and Newcastle with the financial clout and fan base to give it a go. It will then come down to the respective managers to spend the money they have wisely and be able to attract the players of the quality needed to break into the top 4. Have we got the best manager for this in comparision to the other clubs who will also be aiming for the same goal?

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is hoping to address the short comings in squads depth this summer.

"I want us to realise what it takes so that we are not left short," he said.

"We want a squad that is capable and Everton are a prime example of that. I don't think they were half as strong two years ago, when they made the Champions League, as they are now."

Source: tribalfootball.com

http://tinyurl.com/2wc8bu

I don't like Martin O'Neill say he is hoping to address the short comings in squads depth this summer!!

He should say I WILL address the short comings in squads depth this summer!

the general has said

4. YES, we want to compete with the likes of ManU. Obviously, that doesn't take place during one transfer window.

well if we all accept the General is a man of his word and he does not lie then surely the answer to this is yes over a period of time

Not really Ian. Of course we want to compete, we all want to compete. But do we have the financial clout to be ABLE to compete.

There is a huge difference between want and able

Â