Do you think we have sufficient money to spend?

Richard

Are there restrictions on MO'Ns funds for the summer?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Are there restrictions on MO'Ns funds for the summer?

• I believe the General - We will be able to compete for more expensive players
    • I don't believe we will be able to compete for expensive players

The fact that the General has come out and said what he has given what went on last season with Firtzgerald makes me believe that MON has whatever money he needs available to him.

Getting into europe will mean we will get more for our money as we won;t have to pay silly wages to attract players here. This I think is why MON has not spent big yet as he has wanted players to want to come here for the right reasons and to be able to go for the best players.

should we start a sweepstake on how many players we get linked with in the window from newspapers and crap websites i.e Tribalfootball.

I reckon 40-60 players linked 5-7 players signed

I'm convinced the money is there, if it wasn't I'm sure MON would at least hint at it, there's no reason he'd let himself take the flack otherwise.

hopefully its there

I'd love us to show our intentions early in the summer by splashing big on someone like Zarate

He looks like a future star, and hes proving he has what it takes to cut it in the premiership

also see nquotes saying he's happy in the city :nod:

I'd be surprised if we spent much more than £20m this summer, including the £10m on Curtis Davies. I think we'll get 3-4 "O'Neill type signings", eg the likes of Kevin Davies or James Beattie. I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people this summer, or at least a lot of people trying to hide their disappointment. I hope I'm wrong and look forward to somebody quoting this post to make me look a clearing in the woods on 1 September! But I doubt it....

If we get Intertoto we'll see 6-8 new players this summer.

You think? I think the money will be there, but I really can't see O'Neill buying that many. I'd say 3-4.

.... I hope I'm wrong and look forward to somebody quoting this post to make me look a clearing in the woods on 1 September!....

You just know there's an answer to that post, Risso :)

Along the lines of do we need to quote a post to....etc.

must resist, must resist....:)

Anyway, on topic, I think we've just got to go for it, and I'm hopeful that MO'N will do the business. The alternative is not something I want to think about.

If we get Intertoto we'll see 6-8 new players this summer.

You think? I think the money will be there, but I really can't see O'Neill buying that many. I'd say 3-4.

we will need 6 to keep the squad numbers up if as expected Moore, Carson, Berger are no longer at the club

If we have a net spend much above £10m this summer I will be happily surprised. I obstacles that MON has encountered so far seem to stem around the players he wants 'not being available' - I really can't see this changing.

As someone else have said - if MON has a large transfer pot - why is signing the likes of Routledge, Knight & Harewood ? - I reckon it will be a usual villa summer one sizeable signing, a couple of £4m guys - then some overseas unknowns for a further £1m.

Young was 9.6 mill, Davis (Allegdedly) is 10mill (even if it's a done deal, which remains to be seen). NRC yep 8.5mill, how much was Petrov this week? Not a dig at you TV, more a point of Transfer fees change as what point people are trying to prove?

Your right Young was £9.6m but with add ons, some of which will have already kicked in with his England appearance. The total fee will/could rise to £11m and is very likely to do so. Davies I believe was £8m but none of us know for sure as it was undisclosed thus the fluctuations on here. As for Petrov that is rather more simple, that was £6.5m I thought that was pretty much universally accepted to be honest.

The problem is these days transfer fee's is that they aren't simple as so many aren't disclosed and there are so many add ons.

I don't remember ANY add on for Young, and I thought it was universally accepted that Davies was 10 mill... as for Petrov depending on the poster is 6.5 - 8.5 million. AIRI

Well here you go on Young for a start.

Scroll down a bit

From the BBC yep add-ons but from 8million to 9.65.

MON has said several times that the money is definatly there, and i dont think hes the type of person who would say that unless it is true.

The General has also said several times that there is money to spend, and this made it into several newspapers over the weekend. After the Fitzgerald comments i highly doubt the General would have said this unless its true.

Finally there has been several newpaper articles about Randy and his investment, particular around the time when Liverpools owner were getting stick in the press. All of these articles commented on how much Randy has invested not just on the pitch but also off it, particulaly his investments in Villas history (Holte Pub etc) and how he is an example of a foregin owner doing the right thing.

Surely if Randy did not actually have the money that was expected and had been talked about by MON and others, or had put the club at financial risk when buying it (like Liverpool) they would have found this out and published it instead- after all they did the same with Man U and Liverpool owners, who recieved some very harsh criticism. The english press would love another excuse to run a anti foreign owner story- that they publsihed the exact opposite about Randy shows to me that there is nothing to worry about

For me the money is there, maybe not at the level of Chelsea, but definatly enough to finance some top quality players this summer. The only stumbling block is MONs refusal to spend it!

Â